Viva Voce's (1 Viewer)

Qualona

HSC
Hi!
ive got to do a viva voce for music, as an assesment, on blues. does anyone have any tips or guidance on doing a viva as im really unexperienced. also, anyone thats done one for their hsc, is it hard?

RJO1988

HSC
Hey Qualona. I did my viva voce in 2005. We also had to do them in year 11 (2004). Specify exactly what you have to do for the viva voce... the actual meaning of a viva voce is basically a talk... question and answer. That's what we did for year 11. But year 12, we basically had to give a presentation... not exactly on Blues, but that's beside the point. It shouldn't be too hard talking about blues. Make sure you have plenty of foundation info about it, artists back in those times, recordings, characteristics of Blues etc etc. Make sure it's well structured. As you can see, I am suggesting this stuff on the basis on a viva voce being a presentation. Tell me if that's not the case. It's basically you teaching a class... for... 10 minutes? So not too long. Hope this vague reply helps. If you want to have a look at my presentation, let me know and I'll email it to yah.

Qualona

HSC
Well we basically have to talk about the cultural background of blues, analyse some songs, discuss concepts and then our own personal appreciation. ive got some information and have been writing a bit of a speech. if u could possibly email me your one that would be great so i could see what im trying to aim for! my email is hungerpain500@hotmail.com

SDDpeteMUS

HSC
hey qualona,
i'm doing a viva voce on music in religion.. obviously the only person in the year... so not much help... but was wondering if i could see what you wrote about in your blues viva voce...
my email is doomsday_182@hotmail.com if u want to add me or email me....
much appreciated

frontman

HSC
I would also appreciate some help. I have to do a viva voce on Eastern and Western music together in a piece.
Can anyone tell me how to structure a viva voce?
Mine has to be 10 minutes long. How many points should I have? How long should I spend on each point? And what is a good way to structure each point from your experience? I was thinking explaining a concept through the use of a technique, then giving an example of that technique.

thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)