voice recording (1 Viewer)

nessyfreak

HSC
hi i wanted to record my study notes and put them on my ipod (a study skills teacher told me this is helpful) but i dont know how to do it because i can only record for 60 seconds at a time. does anyone know how? what program? do i have to buy something?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Your best point at the moment is to search the forum a number of students have asked about this in the last few months and I believe your questions may have already been answered. click here

Also recording study notes is a timely and not exactly a recommended way of studying but whatever works, works.

passion89

HSC
I tried that once...I kept laughing at how stupid my voice sounded recorded so obviously I stopped that method of study lol.

kid@dmin --> Why is it not recommended?

Tim035

HSC
I use a program called 'pocket voice recorder' with a microphone, really easy and saves straight as wav files that you can put in itunes.
Only downfall is its max 10 minutes per recording, so some of my summaries are in like 2 - 3 segments.

dandel26

HSC
mehhhhhh, i've never found it useful, my friend does it and goes to sleep listening to his own voice (would freak me out)

ladyknight

HSC
İs it possible to get one to tape a few hours of lectures, that records straıght into mp3 or similar to put onto a cd?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
passion89 said:
kid@dmin --> Why is it not recommended?
Well for exactly what I mentioned just the mere time factor and out of the few people I have know that tryed it, none of them have had any success - personally I think it is a waste of time, unless you are Homer ;).

ladyknight said:
İs it possible to get one to tape a few hours of lectures, that records straıght into mp3 or similar to put onto a cd?
I would assume there would been an MP3 out there that could just hunt/ask around in JB-Hi-Fi, Dick Smith etc. Also when you do recorded you should be asking the lecturer if it is ok with them first.

Emph

HSC
I bought a microphone for $20 and plugged it into my computer.

Then I downloaded software called "Free HQ Recorder" from the internet.

Now I can record my notes in MP3 format and then put them on iTunes by importing them.

Easy as!

Only problem is that my voice is weird on tape. I sound like a suicidal middle-aged man.

Tim035

HSC
Yeah realistically I'd consider voice recording at best good for english essays.. but as for syllabus summaries etc etc its just going to take way to long to listen to them.
When it comes down to it the only thing that really works for me is doing paper after paper after paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)