Vote on a subject! I need subject selection help!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Heyy, so pretty much I've got three or four days to choose my year 11 subjects and I have no idea what to do for my final 2 unit subject. Don't get me wrong, I want to do one, I just don't know which one! Sorry I'm getting a bit annoying with all these threads.

So here's what I've got so far:
  • Advanced English (2)
  • English Extension 1 (1)
  • Mathematics 2 Unit (2)
  • Studies of Religion: I (catholic school) (1)
  • PDHPE (2)
  • Modern History (2)
  • Sports, Lifestyle & Rec (1)
So I need one more and I've narrowed it down to:
  • Drama (2)
  • Entertainment VET (2)
  • Legal Studies (2)
I've looked at all the other subjects and there's nothing else that I want to do. I'm thinking PE teaching when I leave school but I don't want to do bio. For most uni's it's 2 subjects from this list of about five and maths and pe are on it, so I've got the prerequisites covered. I'm doing this subject simply because I like it.

I've gone through the "do the subject you like" "do the subject your good at" "do the subject that interests you" "do the subject that will help you after school" "speak to year 11s and 12s" "speak to the teachers" thing but I've still got this same list. I like them all, I don't know whether I'll be good at them or not cause they're so different to what I've done, they all interest me, and none of them are going to help me with pe teaching. The teachers and 11s and 12s only made me more confused and made me want to do them all more. :/

So, what do you guys who actually do them think? Which one should I choose? I don't need an explanation about why, one word is perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure I'll stick to those 3 (I don't particularly like science, I love performing even if I wasn't too great at year 9 drama - dropped it in year 10 but only cause of the teacher and cause i was pissed off at musical and wanted to do history, legal could help cause i'm also sorta considering the police or navy as a back up)

So which one? Drama, Entertainment or Legal?

Thanks!

Okay, so I've changed my mind a bit:
-No more SLR
-2 Unit Religion
-Not considering Entertainment VET anymore
-Considering Ancient History

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Legal, simply because the skills in this subject are similar to the skills needed in your other subjects. By the way, smart move in picking Advanced English and EE1, I remember you were almost going to do standard.

Alexpwnsyou

HSC
As I said before, what school do you go to cause im aware that my school's current year 10 are choosing and E.E, maths ext and sor2 are the only subjects on one line.

HSC
By the way, smart move in picking Advanced English and EE1, I remember you were almost going to do standard.
I think that was someone else. I was always gonna do advanced english just wasn't sure about EE1. I was thinking of maybe doing general maths at one point? Maybe you're thinking of that?

HSC
As I said before, what school do you go to cause im aware that my school's current year 10 are choosing and E.E, maths ext and sor2 are the only subjects on one line.
okay :) so yeh, st pat's dundas. we haven't got our lines yet except I'm pretty sure that 2 of them are
- sor 2, slr, visual design
- sor2, sor 1, sos (sharing our story - non-hsc religion)

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Yeh it probably was, there have been a few people asking for subject selection advice lately. Still, choosing EE1 was a good decision, because it can back you up if you dont do well in Advanced english.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Drama = shit scaling
Entertainment VET = shit scaling

Legal studies = decent scaling, thus good choice!
^ Worst advice.

Yes, let's pick subjects with high scaling that I'm going to fail! /sarcasm

Personally, I'd pick Legal because that is the one I'd choose due to a partial interest in it.

Gigacube

HSC
Drama = shit scaling
Entertainment VET = shit scaling

Legal studies = decent scaling, thus good choice!
No, useless advice. Don't base choices on scaling.

I think Legal will be the best for you. Plus there are a lot of resources to help you out with that subject & it's practical for the future.

tambam

HSC
If none of them interest you particularly, then just pick drama.
Legal is a lot of content and learning, and assumedly since you're picking 13 units, you would drop at 1 or 2 by year 12.

So if you don't find Legal interesting, just do drama cos its something that you would have fun at and will give you a few periods a week to just relax and not have to be so academics focused.

Skyzor

HSC
Legal Studies sucks ass in my opinion...

It's sooooo boring, if you like remembering chapters of a gazzilion legislation, media articles and their publishing date, documents, statistics and so forth go for it...

You literally have to remember more dates for legal studies then both modern history and ancient history combined (i do both).

All three of your options are gay, no offence, but if it floats your boat do it...

HSC
Wait, are you going for 13 units? o_O
Yeah, I'm doing 13 but I don't know if I'll last with extension english. getting up early in the morning is not one of my strong points and I don't know if it'll be too much and so if I don't like this or if I don't like SLR (unlikely) I can drop it. If I do 13 it also gives me more of an option in year 12.

If none of them interest you particularly, then just pick drama.
Legal is a lot of content and learning, and assumedly since you're picking 13 units, you would drop at 1 or 2 by year 12.

So if you don't find Legal interesting, just do drama cos its something that you would have fun at and will give you a few periods a week to just relax and not have to be so academics focused.
That's what I'm worried about because I've been told that modern, pe and english ex1 have a lot of content as well and I'm gonna have to do a lot of work in maths so that i don't fail. That's something I've also been seriously thinking about, doing something different and more practical rather than just essay essay essay. The VET teacher said that at some meeting we had about vet about doing something different and that increased my likingness (yes i no that's not a word) of drama and entertainment. So that's one more reason to do drama, one hopefully less stressful and logical thinking subject.

But than again legal: more what I'm good at, decent teacher (don't particularly like the drama one after the musical), mum's gonna kill me if I do drama (but I'll think I'll ignore that one)

I really don't know :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)