VSU protest on 28th of april (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
jumb said:
Do the have a pro-vsu protest?
Silent majority. Besides, collectivism is the domain of the left. For all I care, they can keep their protests, trash the city and discredit their cause.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
i took 30 badges from the Stop VSU box today, whilst it was unattended. Im put em all on my bag ^_^

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's funny to think that I went to school with Felix Eldridge (NUS President), and now look what he's doing...

(he was the school captain in 2001 incidently)

Cab31

HSC
Whose student guild costs $500 a year!?! thats hefty! Ours is like 110 a semester

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Felix Eldridge has too much credit to his name. He's a fuckwit who I hope never EVER achieves a real public office, for the sake of our country.

If he DOES become Prime Minister, I'm moving to Tasmania, and seceding from Australia.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Cab31 said:
Whose student guild costs $500 a year!?! thats hefty! Ours is like 110 a semester
The Go8 universities tend to be more expensive. UNSW is just over $500 a year.. ($251.25 or something a semester).

Cab31

HSC
Josie said:
The Go8 universities tend to be more expensive. UNSW is just over $500 a year.. ($251.25 or something a semester).
What is 'Go8'?? ive never heard of it.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Group of Eight Universities.. http://www.go8.edu.au/

The University of Adelaide, The Australian National University, The University of Melbourne, Monash University, The University of New South Wales, The University of Queensland, The University of Sydney and The University of Western Australia.

Basically these universities are at the top in terms of research (70% of all research conducted in Australian universities I believe), among other things.

The Group of Eight:

Have much better than average staff student ratios;
Provide a wide range of scholarships for international students;
Receive an above-average share of national teaching awards;
Have above average rates of student retention and progression;
Spend above average amounts on libraries, student services and academic support services;
Enrol over 50% of postgraduate research students and approximately 30% of all Australian and international students;
Count among their alumni over 80 per cent of Australia's Rhodes scholars.

A small extract from the student information page.

Cab31

HSC
oh ok thanks. I guess its pretty cool that i dont have to pay as much, but it would also be cool to go to one of those uni's. Unfortunately NONE of them offer my degree anyway!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Cab31 said:
oh ok thanks. I guess its pretty cool that i dont have to pay as much, but it would also be cool to go to one of those uni's. Unfortunately NONE of them offer my degree anyway!
They're not that special. It's just Australia's way of saying "America has an Ivy League!! I want one toooooooooooo!!!!!"

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, not forgetting one of the major criteria for the Go8 universities is research, not teaching quality :p

spartan31234

HSC
yea i think VSU is good, i think the uni should contribute some money to worthy clubs perhaps to compensate for VSU - but its cool with me, u can join the Union and get benifits if u want to- VSU stops unions charging $300 + dollars per year - which will probably be wasted on stuff most people may not even use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)