VTAC application and previous study question (1 Viewer)

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm currently applying through VTAC as a gap-year applicant who withdrew from a university course before the census date, and I'm wondering whether or not I have technically done previous tertiary study?

One of the options they give for 'status of course' is 'Deferred/Withdrew without academic results', which is what I did, but when I spoke to people at two separate admissions offices they both said that as long as I withdrew before the census date it would not be on my record at all.
So, do I list the course I started or not?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Since you withdrew before Census date, you have not done the course.
'Withdrew without academic results' is after the census date, i.e. 2 months into the course when your uni fees are in play.
So I would say not started! But maybe check with them for a third time just to be sure, it wouldn't hurt.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the advice, that's what I thought too. I'm looking at applying for a course that doesn't allow any previous study and I asked Monash (and another uni) directly about it. So I'm guessing it's OK.

Jinks

HSC
Yeah I'd also say it wouldn't be included, but it's something worth checking one more time just to be certain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)