• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wait wait wait, we can't be friends? (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
well what if he's just being nice to you, but has a gf n doesnt like you that way, cos some guys are like that... eg my fianc and i are nice to everyone, but we know our distances so if ppl get close, we sort of distance ourselves, i mean,i wouldn't like it if my bf had tons of female friends and if he was close to them, not that i don't trust him, i just don't even like the thought of having all these clingy girls around him, the same applies for me, i don't think he wouldve dated me if i was close to my guy friends lol. anyway that's just one viewpoint to it, but if he's single, and not talking with you it is an indication that he doesnt like you, but this can't really be determined from him going a bit cold on you, you need to find him and ask, as a friend, if he's been busy lately or something, there's no other way of finding out, you cannot really prevent what he may or may not think about you.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
Azagolas said:
Let's break this down for ease of the process of understanding.

Age does not define one's maturity, nor does it set an expectation of the level of naivity that a person would display. With all due respect sir, I am stating a point of view, as it is to do on a forum, and again, as you mentioned in relation to somebody else's point of view and definition, the capacity to know something or not know something is not defined by you.

Moving on...

In order to understand why, as Serius enjoys terming, 'friendships', cannot exist based upon attraction or convenience, I suppose it's vital to understand why you think that cannot happen.

Is it because of conformity? You mentioned, Like being friends with your best mates girl, sure she is cool, nice enough but if they break up you know you wont really see her anymore. So, is that out of your own will of 'friendship'? Or is it just because it's 'expected' of you?

Then again I ask, what's the point of a friendship, not even a relationship, if it has no base foundation upon which it stands? '...thats a good way of getting to know some1 right there without the bullshit coverup of a "friendship".' Why are you so keen as to not appreciate the introduction of friends as a thing to value and treasure, but as a throw-a-way, disposable resource that is expendable?

Once again, a trace of conformity. The rules that apply to everyone else, but by some miracle, does not apply to me as to be the reason to my optimism? No. Be realistic. In a society in which the picture has been painted in my mind, it cannot exist at all. It's a world which even in love and relationships, is cut-throat, without moral meaning, and pretty much, destroys one of the last things that end up keeping us from transforming into conformist zombies, in which the rules of society aren't even defined by society itself - it is defined by which the shadow that society walks in.

But moving on from that, lighten up a bit. It's a stressful situation, and we've got to appreciate that without it turning into a flame-fest on opinions.

You my friend, are an idiot. That's so wrong it hurts.

To threadstarter: The guy doesn't find you attractive or you're different then how you appeared on MSN. I don't know you so I can't make an awesome call, more of a blind far reaching assumption.

1) You're not attractive, maybe your fat, maybe you're smelly. I don't know but what ever it is change it.

2) You're boring, but you bring up the "but he talked to me on msn heaps" Fuck 90% of MSNing (is that a real word?) is just lol and really stupid air filler.

3) You two don't speak the same language. Maybe he's asian.

4) You're talking to the wrong guy.

5) This is the one that is actual right. You not showing him any sort of progression within your relationship (Maybe he considers stupid air filler enough of a connection) has him feeling that there is no real point in pursuing you further. Esp. if 1 and 2 are true.

The real question I want to ask is: why the fuck didnt you just ask him out? You should givin the shit a chance.

doodydo

HSC
N/A
in my opinion, he may have sensed ur eagerness or attraction towards him. and somehow did not enjoy where it may be heading. either he's avoiding leading u on or trying to deter u with negative attention.

but thats just how i read it, and actually how iv behaved in the past without even knowing

martin88

HSC
N/A
Oddy Nocki said:
You my friend, are an idiot. That's so wrong it hurts.

To threadstarter: The guy doesn't find you attractive or you're different then how you appeared on MSN. I don't know you so I can't make an awesome call, more of a blind far reaching assumption.

1) You're not attractive, maybe your fat, maybe you're smelly. I don't know but what ever it is change it.

2) You're boring, but you bring up the "but he talked to me on msn heaps" Fuck 90% of MSNing (is that a real word?) is just lol and really stupid air filler.

3) You two don't speak the same language. Maybe he's asian.

4) You're talking to the wrong guy.

5) This is the one that is actual right. You not showing him any sort of progression within your relationship (Maybe he considers stupid air filler enough of a connection) has him feeling that there is no real point in pursuing you further. Esp. if 1 and 2 are true.

The real question I want to ask is: why the fuck didnt you just ask him out? You should givin the shit a chance.

harsh..... but more then likely true

Redgoddess

HSC
Ah msn, what a wonderful invention... that was how my ex and i met... (stupid parents banning you from seeing significant others because they "distract" you >_<)

If it's gotten to the point where it's awkward on msn, you got nothing. just like someone said earlier, half of msn is just air fillers, and if you cant keep a convo going with a stash of pointless fillers at your disposal, you'll have no chance in real life. I hate it when you could talk to someone for hours without running out of stuff to say and then for some reason you just grow apart and suddenly you're hard pressed for a topic after "hey, how are ya?". Relationships are a funny beast.

I think guys and girls can be friends, my previous ex and i are really really close, and i know that if ever i've got shit going down, he's there for me, and similarly he tells me shit he doesnt tell anyone else. then again, i'm bi contemplating the possibility that i'm gay, so there's possibly a lack of the attraction factor which makes boy/girl relationships so hard. i still think that it's better to have a foundation of friendship first though, because it means you actually have an idea of who someone is before you get involved with them, which (imo) probably means a lot less hurt all round. although the unrequited love friendship thing will probably fuck you over too. i guess life and love are just bitches hey.

martin88

HSC
N/A
Redgoddess said:
If it's gotten to the point where it's awkward on msn, you got nothing. just like someone said earlier, half of msn is just air fillers, and if you cant keep a convo going with a stash of pointless fillers at your disposal, you'll have no chance in real life. I hate it when you could talk to someone for hours without running out of stuff to say and then for some reason you just grow apart and suddenly you're hard pressed for a topic after "hey, how are ya?". Relationships are a funny beast.
took the words right out of my mouth

couldn't have been more right

im getting that right now to be honest lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)