'Wake me up when September Ends' (1 Viewer)

'Wake me up when September ends'

• Total voters

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
This song 'Wake me up when September ends' is sung by Green Day.
The film clip (accompanied by their voice and music) is tearful and weepy. You see a young couple enjoying themselves in romance. Then shalfway through the song, it cuts to when the the man's girlfriend yells and cries at him and then the man goes off to join the army.

I don't get the part where he joins the army.
I mean, what did his screaming girlfriend have to do with it. Was it because he joined the army?
Or was the man so annoyed and depressed, that he had to leave her by joining the army?

What do you think of the song by the way....

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
How did his girlfriend find out that he's going to Iraq?
(I don't think that they put that part in)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Song is quite good, in their line of ballads.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i'm in england now, and 2 weeks ago i went to greenday at the superbowl, the biggest venue here. 70 000 ppl got in. it was the best set list i've ever heard, and wake me up when september ends was by far the best and most popular. the crowd went off, and everyone knew ever word. i've always heard greenday were good live, but they were amazing!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Tulipa said:
well duh

sif u'd want your boyfriend to join the army and go to iraq. course she'd scream and yell.

and i don't rememebr the guy being annoyed and depressed but meh.
If i was that girl, of course i'd be sad and depressed but not to the point where i'd yell and scream and slap.

L

LaraB

Smart_Dunce said:
This song 'Wake me up when September ends' is sung by Green Day.
The film clip (accompanied by their voice and music) is tearful and weepy. You see a young couple enjoying themselves in romance. Then shalfway through the song, it cuts to when the the man's girlfriend yells and cries at him and then the man goes off to join the army.

I don't get the part where he joins the army.
I mean, what did his screaming girlfriend have to do with it. Was it because he joined the army?
Or was the man so annoyed and depressed, that he had to leave her by joining the army?

What do you think of the song by the way....

watch the full version of the film clip - goes back n forth between the song and them talking.. it explains it all....

he tells her he joined the army which is how she finds out... she's screams n yells at him for doing it, he tells her "i did it for you, for us" blah blah blah so im guessing for money to support them or something.... so yeah thats the general jist of it...

i didn't actually watch all of it - was on at like 3am on rage so i was half asleep so that's all i got from it but the full film clip's heaps long and there was heaps of talking wit them so it explains it all

L

LaraB

Smart_Dunce said:
If i was that girl, of course i'd be sad and depressed but not to the point where i'd yell and scream and slap.
why not? what she does is so understandable and everyone says they wouldnt react in such a nutty way but as if you wouldn't.

i mean... for all you know you'll never see him again and he volunteered to go which makes it even worse! its like begging to be shot at...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
THIS SONG WAS ABOUT HIS DAD'S DEATH ORIGINALLY

needed to catch people's attention by caps locking....

i dont really know why i knew that either....

Last edited:
HSC
haven't seen the film clip, but song is good.

but what i see in the previous posts, maybe the song has something to do with september 11? i don't know.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
White Rabbit said:
i like it; haven't seen the film clip.
hmm yes it's alright to listen to the first one or two times.

Green Day was trying to make a political statement but quite frankly I find their 'political statements' rather pathetic, I used to be a fan of them and I still listen to some of their music but I think they've just gone rather over the top

The clip annoyed me because it was so American. I know it's terrible that a war is going on in Iraq however the entire world doesn't revolve around America and not everyone thinks like an American, so they should get over themselves or at least make a bloody attempt.

sorry, I'm just annoyed.

HSC
cherryblossom said:
Green Day was trying to make a political statement but quite frankly I find their 'political statements' rather pathetic, I used to be a fan of them and I still listen to some of their music but I think they've just gone rather over the top
i hardly find anything about this song political. just sounds like a good song, that's all.

L

LaraB

cherryblossom said:
hmm yes it's alright to listen to the first one or two times.

The clip annoyed me because it was so American. I know it's terrible that a war is going on in Iraq however the entire world doesn't revolve around America and not everyone thinks like an American, so they should get over themselves or at least make a bloody attempt.

sorry, I'm just annoyed.
yes but you'll notice that greenday isn't america obsessed... their political statements don't just revolve around the USA and everything they are involved in...

so what if its an 'american' filmclip... its intended to make a statement about war not america... and they're american - what else are they suypposed to do? if they made a fimclip of that nature in a style alike another culture they'd get bagged out for criticising other countries.....

yes not everyone think's like an american and i mean, listen to their interviews - that's the point that they are making! that not everyone agrees with that way of life or ideology or view on war or view on capitalism or view on politics etc...

i don't get why you say they've 'just gone rather over the top'

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
LaraB said:
why not? what she does is so understandable and everyone says they wouldnt react in such a nutty way but as if you wouldn't.

i mean... for all you know you'll never see him again and he volunteered to go which makes it even worse! its like begging to be shot at...
When I first saw the film clip and it had gotten to the 'truth unvealed' part, i thought that his girlfriend was angry and distressed because he had done something STUPID like cheating on her or killed someone or something. I
t looked like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)