wanky overintellectualised music (1 Viewer)

wanky overintellectualised music...?

• ...is good

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • go home and listen to your post-rock already

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • you tool, what did you post another poll for?

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ok

this thread is for talking about wanky overintellectualised music. like radiohead, aphex twin, squarepusher, philip glass, sigur ros, mm, and other bands with cts n thr name.

does this sort of music suck or rule?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i like most (only heard of radiohead, aphex twin, sigur ros and mum in your list though), i just hate it when wanky overintellectualised fools think they're kingshit just because they listen to wanky overintellectualised music

i want to go to mum concert,it's less than 40 bucks, but all my friends are r'n'b addicts or pop biyatches and ask "why would you want to go and see your mother"

stupid ignoramii

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i'im not sure if they're touring, but they are playing at the metro at the beginning of september sometime

guy

HSC
i don't know many people who are wanky (with these tastes) only 1 or two. the rest seem to be open to all music BUT mabye i just havn't realised that all these people plus me are the wanky tools!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think that music can only be described as "overintellectualised" in comparison to the other brain dead "ooh baby baby" music that dominates the air waves.
God forbid anyone should have an original idea and actually put out something worth listening to. As soon as anyone does, it's "oooh, they're depresing, anyone who listens to that music is gonna slash their wrists open or take a gun to school, wankedy wank wank..." :rolleyes: I mean, theres nothing wrong with a bit of good ol' fashioned ear candy, but whats the point of writing a song if you've got nothing to say or no new ground to break?

GJ_JOE

blood brother
I'm not into any of the bands you mentioned but I always love seeing bands doing things differently/experimenting, thats why I love The Blood Brothers!

flisb

I dont understand why you have to call it "wanky and overintellectualised"... god forbid that some bands actually have something interesting to say and a clever way of saying it. I'm sick of all the bullshit on the radio today especially on stations like nova or 104.1.. even triple m is playing eminem - what the? its all the same and no one's trying anything new anymore. Sure its fun to listen to for a while.. but please.. can you really compare Shaggy to the likes of Radiohead? i think not.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by flisb
I dont understand why you have to call it "wanky and overintellectualised"
actually, i don't think that that is salad boy's opinion, i think he is merely saying that to other people it is "wanky and overintellecualised" music.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haHA me and salad boy are going to mum

so suck on that, dicky! :p

don't worry little munchkin, your time will come. will u at least be over 18 for schoolies?

hey, i'll try and get bootlegs for u okay dickfcuk?

GJ_JOE

blood brother
god forbid that some bands actually have something interesting to say and a clever way of saying it. I'm sick of all the bullshit on the radio today especially on stations like nova or 104.1.. even triple m is playing eminem - what the? its all the same and no one's trying anything new anymore.
I totally agree with you! Alot of todays music "artists" forgot about the art in music..

flisb

aah i'm so jealous of all the 18 yr old ppl..i really wanted to go see death cab for cutie at the metro but no... couldnt get in.. i wont be 18 for schoolies either.. how sucky is that.. anyways i'm gonna go and wallow in my underagedness..

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
i really wanted to go see death cab for cutie at the metro but no... couldnt get in..
hehe, I saw them there...twice!:D
(btw-it's quite easy to sneak into the metro with a borrowed ID. I know plenty of people who have pulled it off.)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
it was gay not being able to go to >18 gigs last year, but if u think about it.. there's only like a few years of when you can't go to gigs when you're underaged, but like, 70 years of when you can go to gigs cos you're >18

actually you can pull off fakeys in most places in sydney..

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
The gig I'm most bitter about missing because of being too young was Trail Of Dead/Mogwai. I read the setlist.. They played Mogwai Fear Satan and My Father My King! Where's the justice in that?

But that's only vaguely related.. I like quite a lot of 'wanky overintellectualised music', bands like;
-Godspeed You Black Emperor
-Mogwai
-Sigur Ros
-Dirty Three
-Do Make Say Thank
-Explosions In The Sky
-Tortoise ('Djed' rules it.)
-Glenn Branca (I recommend 'The Spectacular Commodity'. It's from 1981, but sounds very recent. And it has a young Lee Renaldo playing on it.)
-Sonic Youth. (Some of their stuff could come under this bracket..Like 'The Diamond Sea'.)
-My Bloody Valentine
-Slint

It's good stuff.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
gregor i love both dirty three and sonic youth.. ESPECIALLY the diamond sea!!
dirty three are just so fucking innovative <-- you need wanky words for the wanky music thread
and yeah sigur ros are without a doubt one of my fave bands... i really really want to see them live, and radiohead too. how much does listening to 'staralfur' just make you go "ahhhhhhh :)"
ive heard a bit of mum (sorry i dont know how to do the fancy u) and theyre very calming and nice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)