Want to be a journalist? Help get CSU in to the pages of The Student Leader (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Do you like to write? Do you study at any of the Charles Sturt University campuses? Are you a wannabe journalist? Do you believe in just and fair student media? Do you want to work just for bylines?

The Student Leader is a new national student paper which is published online (www.leader.org.au) and is launching in print form this semester. We will be beginning our distribution in Sydney and hope to extend to all university campuses in Australia by the end of 2006.

We need news stories about what is going on at your university. There will be one page in the paper devoted to stories from Southern NSW universities (CSU Albury and Wagga, as well as universities in Canberra and Wollongong) and one page devoted to Northern NSW (CSU Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange, Southern Cross, New England and Newcastle). Each page will feature news about what has been going on at these regional campuses, and what events are coming up. These could be research and academic events, plays, live gigs, balls, socials, new developments at your university, how policies such as VSU etc will affect your campus and more. My name is Ashlee, and I am the Regional Bureau Chief for NSW, so it is my job to compile these pages. I want to get together a team of contributors from the different campuses to make the regional pages in this exciting new publication great. I grew up in Albury, so I have a passion for regional issues and I believe that this is a great opportunity for regional students to get their voices heard nationally as part of the greater Australian student community.

We want stories that other students will be interested in reading. This is your opportunity to put your regional campus out there, tell people what is going on, and make people remember that there is more to NSW than just Sydney! The Leader will be a professional publication, with your byline appearing in print and online, which can only enhance your portfolio.

If you are interested in contributing, or have an idea for a story, drop me a line at a.betteridge@leader.org.au

If you wish to contribute to the other sections of The Student Leader (not the regional pages), check out our website, www.leader.org.au.

K

katie_tully

Awr, one whole page.

July 11, 2005.
Still no rain. We had to sell the kids yesterday. Luckily we kept the 4 year out of date vegemite though, we had to use it instead of electrical tape. Needless to say the light bulb short circuited.
The plumbing in the Rabbit Warren dorms isn't working. This meant we had to employ a primitive bucket system. Of course nobody wanted the task of emptying said buckets, so we delegated that job to the visiting students having their open day tours. We said, kids, this is what university life is all about.

On a serious note .. I'm not at uni yet, but I will be next year. Put my name on teh shortlist. .. Or something.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
katie_tully said:
Awr, one whole page.

July 11, 2005.
Still no rain. We had to sell the kids yesterday. Luckily we kept the 4 year out of date vegemite though, we had to use it instead of electrical tape. Needless to say the light bulb short circuited.
The plumbing in the Rabbit Warren dorms isn't working. This meant we had to employ a primitive bucket system. Of course nobody wanted the task of emptying said buckets, so we delegated that job to the visiting students having their open day tours. We said, kids, this is what university life is all about.

On a serious note .. I'm not at uni yet, but I will be next year. Put my name on teh shortlist. .. Or something.
Yet you have Uni life down to a tee.

On a serious note, when will YOU becoming for an open day? Perhaps we can give you a tour of the dorms?

:p

K

katie_tully

White Rabbit said:
Yet you have Uni life down to a tee.

On a serious note, when will YOU becoming for an open day? Perhaps we can give you a tour of the dorms?

:p
Ha, I've heard all about the dorms in the older building, apparently it's like a rabbit warren :(
I'm going to come down around the end of August, after my trials. I won't be living on campus, so I'll just be checking out the rest of the campus

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
maybe ash get in touch with rivcoll student union at wagg, have weekly publication, just lift there stories from students. ive gopt a goos story

REasons to do B Arts

the end

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
crazybrad said:
maybe ash get in touch with rivcoll student union at wagg, have weekly publication, just lift there stories from students. ive gopt a goos story

REasons to do B Arts the end
it was funnyer in the hungappa..

kylie_robbo

Hunguppa!!!

I read it online...

You know the uproar that was caused when Rivcoll didn't put in the Sam'sWord of the Week one week? (They are still a week behind..)

I know Sam. He is actually a rello of mine (not that we knew that, or know how... He has the best surname in the world).

Sam is considering not continuing with the WotW!! What a disaster!!

So if a WotW doesn't appear in the first Hunguppa next semester, PLEASE put in a Bums Up/Bums Down for Sam not providing a random word.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What is hunguppa? URL?

What are the on campus mags at CSU? Is there a different mag at each campus? The CSU website makes it difficult to find out this sort of stuff.

bex

HSC
at Bathurst we have Interpellator which comes out twice a term. and communicator whch is the weekly newsletter.. the csu website is tough to navigate so go here.... http://www.csustudents.org.au

this is where you can find out about whats happening and all; the services provided by CSUSAB (the student union in bathurst)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
theres also de studemt mags, channels or sum shit, btw i hate de'ers they shit me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)