• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Want to make a return to school but have no clue (1 Viewer)

CarlU

HSC
Ok here's what's up, I left completed year 10 last year and left school, now a term later I regret my decision as I've found out my career path would be better achieved doing year 11 and 12.

I'm pretty sure it's too late to come back to school, I'm thinking about doing year 11 quickly through TAFE and doing year 12 next year.

Is this reasonable? Do I have any other options? I'm just asking for whatever information I can get my hands on, Thanks.

CarlU

HSC
k, not getting many bites. Maybe a better way to ask the question is: Can I still do my HSC at school even though I missed the 1st term?

stillwaters

HSC
yea, just go back to your old school and discuss... if you just missed one term of year 11 you might possibly be able to scrape back in but you might have to restart with the next cohort? there's also something called pathways where you can accumulate your hsc over five years though i don't know if thats what you want to do...?

CarlU

HSC
Thanks for your replies, I was suprised to see 3. Umm, I can't contact my former school because they only go to year 10. I'd have to try a new school, aww seems like my chances are slim.

jirwin

HSC
is your old school a feeder school to a senior school? if so try them.

also remember its the holidays next week. so do it now - they might allow you to catch during the holidays and start term 2.

CarlU

HSC
Hey, thanks, you gave me the confidence to get things done quickly. They were called this morning and they said that I can still do my HSC but I got a lot of catching up to do which was expected.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I hope it all turns out well for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)