WANTED: Foundations of Physics Notes and Textbooks/Physics bridging course help! (1 Viewer)

meli_hodges

HSC
I'm hoping to study a Bachelor of Forensic Science in Applied Chemistry next year and was looking to get my hands on any material from Foundations of Physics 68101 so I can determine whether I need to do a Physics bridging course? Has anyone does the Physics bridging course at UTS, it seems quite short for only 12 hours over 4 days, would I learn enough about Physics for this subject in that short time?
Any help would be appreciated :spin:

Danzboy

HSC
I'm hoping to study a Bachelor of Forensic Science in Applied Chemistry next year and was looking to get my hands on any material from Foundations of Physics 68101 so I can determine whether I need to do a Physics bridging course? Has anyone does the Physics bridging course at UTS, it seems quite short for only 12 hours over 4 days, would I learn enough about Physics for this subject in that short time?
Any help would be appreciated :spin:

Hey there Meli, i done the foundations of physics subject and it wasnt hard lol. I take it you have not done physics in the HSC? If you havnt, i would strongly advise you go and do the bridging course to get some background information.

The subject is pretty much the same as HSC physics in the first few weeks. youll learn about forces and etc if memory serves me right. Also how to change units around etc. Like km to miles and obviously harder ones.

its pretty easy to pick up if you put the effort in. I also think you might have Walter kalceff as your lecturer and he is the bomb.

As far as learning physics in 4 days at 12hours per day. You will not learn it lol. You can grasp some concepts, but you wont learn it. But it helps, cause they give you this thick arse booklet.

hope this helps :)

best of luck.

Ps, id be more worried about chemistry as thats the hard one. Massive fail rate in that subject.

meli_hodges

HSC
Thanks heaps, yer i haven't done HSC Physics. I think I will do the bridging course, it sounds like it will help quite a bit, especially if they give u a massive booklet.

I'm hoping chem's not too hard in the first year coz the course I plan to do has practically two full years of chem at the end :lol:

Danzboy

HSC
Thanks heaps, yer i haven't done HSC Physics. I think I will do the bridging course, it sounds like it will help quite a bit, especially if they give u a massive booklet.

I'm hoping chem's not too hard in the first year coz the course I plan to do has practically two full years of chem at the end :lol:

I can sell you my chem text book i used in first and second sem chem :D

Cheap too if you like.

First year chem is pretty good. its not to bad, but i heard organic was bad and the same as some other ones.

Let me know if you want the text book :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)