Wanting to change degrees.. using UAI (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
I hear we can do it on the 26th of february . Currently im enrolled in a BComm but i wanna change BappFin/Bcomm-acctng and i have the uai to do so. Just wondering, how long will it take for the process to be completed?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
You should write an email to the head of department. I thought after late offers that you can't transfer until the end of semester? If that is the case, you can just do the cores required for the degree you want to change to, then worry about changing later? Just make sure you email ASAP so you know what to do before it is too late (i have a feeling it may be :/)

Monstar

HSC
Yeah. I rang up SES and they told me i had to go see them on Feb 23rd.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
So are you aware of the procedure that you need to follow? I.e. Do they know your intentions and have they told you to do anything beforehand (like fill in forms?). Just wondering, because i never knew you could actually transfer into a new degree using you uai internally after late round offers?

Monstar

HSC
Well i just finished the HSC in 2006. At enrolment, i was speaking to academic advisor and he told me to do a double degree. So i went off and spoke to one of the students who was helping with timetables. He said to me i should go see SES because he said that i could change into my course because i had a sufficient uai. i spoke to the SES lady and she said that it was possible for me to change into BappFin/BComm-accntg if i came to see her on the 26th of Feb.

I rang up again today just to check, and SES told me to go see them on the 26th and that i would have to fill out forms etc etc etc. I even told her i changed my programme to match the first semester Bappfin/bcomm and she said it didnt really matter cause they would have to change everything on the computers either way.

I was surprised as well, and i kept saying 'So i can transfer using my uai if i see you on the 26th' and she said 'yes'

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Monstar said:
Well i just finished the HSC in 2006. At enrolment, i was speaking to academic advisor and he told me to do a double degree. So i went off and spoke to one of the students who was helping with timetables. He said to me i should go see SES because he said that i could change into my course because i had a sufficient uai. i spoke to the SES lady and she said that it was possible for me to change into BappFin/BComm-accntg if i came to see her on the 26th of Feb.

I rang up again today just to check, and SES told me to go see them on the 26th and that i would have to fill out forms etc etc etc. I even told her i changed my programme to match the first semester Bappfin/bcomm and she said it didnt really matter cause they would have to change everything on the computers either way.

I was surprised as well, and i kept saying 'So i can transfer using my uai if i see you on the 26th' and she said 'yes'
Ok, groovy. it sounds like its pretty well organised.

Tabris

HSC
From what Lynn had told me, 26th is the day when change of degree forms are out again,

U fill it in, hand it in, and they give u a new HECS form to fill out so the govt knows what degree your doing. After that i think they notify u by email and via e student

Monstar

HSC
^^ fill out a new hecs form?!?!?! ohh crap, does that mean i have to pay again?

HSC
N/A
no, it's just standard procedure I think.

Unless you've already paid your HECS for this year? (the HECS amount differs according to the degree you do)

Monstar

HSC
I'm about to pay upfront...

I thought all the fees were the same?

HSC
N/A
I could be wrong since it's been a while since I looked at it, but there are like three or four main "brackets" of fees. Naturally, things like medicine tend to be in the highest one.

Aren't HECS fees only due by March 31st or something? You can hold off paying it until after you've transferred, or just pay now and pay any 'balance' post transfer. Best bet is to ask SES... because you will definately have to fill out a new HECS form.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Monstar said:
^^ fill out a new hecs form?!?!?! ohh crap, does that mean i have to pay again?
They aren't that evil! Any payment you may have already made will just be credited to your new degree. I think commerce and finance are all in the same 'bracket' thingy anywayz (most business units are), so it's likely you will be paying the same amount. So you may not worry about extra payments.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah and if you over pay, they will send you a check or leave it on your account for the next semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)