WARNING: Those doing software 2006... (1 Viewer)

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
If you're unlucky enough to be doing the software hsc exam in 2006...

>>DO YOUR OWN STUDY... LEARN THE COURSE YOURSELF AT HOME<<

Oh, and start NOW.

Trust me on this one.

mjhilton

HSC
I second this!!! Especially go over the option topic!!!
Also, remember that although you do a "Major work", its internally assessed...
This means that unlike DT, Art or Drama, it doesn't lower the value of your actual HSC exam - its still worth 50% like sciences and maths etc
Good luck -- HSC is similar to prelim so don't worry too much!

HSC
Do the course several times over and over again it all clicks in nicely

sunny

meh.
HSC
I think there's been a thread like this every year now...

Ghost1788

HSC
it wasnt too bad..though yea it really is a subject that requires the whole course to be self taught

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
The course is pretty simple, you dont even need a teacher, I know I didnt, I remember that my teacher really wanted an SDD class back at the start of yr 11, and he practically begged me to do it, he didnt turn out to be such a great teacher, he was never in class, and he was always on the phone, I dont know what it is with SDD teachers but they must be cursed, cause it seems to happen everywhere, nobody else had a clue about anything, most people scored pretty low, I came first with 86, so the moral to the story, dont trust your SDD teacher, learn the course yourself, im not sayin dont do it, I really enjoyed it, just dont expect too much from your teacher.

bipolardragon

HSC
Thanks for the info guys. BTW is tehre any books you can recommend for me to learn from as my text book doesnt really help that well, it was chosen by me teacher so that he didnt have to teach us formerly.

As I am the winner of the pirze given out at my school for SDD price is of no significance.

Thanks.

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
The only book I used was Heinman, I had a copy of Excel, but I never really looked into it, it looked to big, those are the only two that I looked at, Im sure theres better ones but I managed with just Heinman

aaaman

Banned
HSC
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!! what wrong with the coarse? my teacher gave me everything (she was 1 of the ppl who made the coarse and created all those CSSA papers) and we like fucking mucked around besides software is my best subject, don't listen to these fools their arnt independent learners which means a few individuals are fucked for uni :p

hopeles5ly said:
i hated SDD ...

SDD in yr 11 = shit

SDD in yr 12 = gold

forceblade said:
SDD isnt too bad, i love it. akk we do in class was playing unreal tornament
:O mario is the game ur meant to play biatch

Last edited by a moderator:

Mumma

HSC
Im gonna try see if we can get that new java-port of quake 2 running on the computer network for some good deathmatch

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
aaaman said:
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!! what wrong with the coarse? my teacher gave me everything (she was 1 of the ppl who made the coarse and created all those CSSA papers) and we like fucking mucked around besides software is my best subject, don't listen to these fools their arnt independent learners which means a few individuals are fucked for uni :p

SDD in yr 11 = shit

SDD in yr 12 = gold

:O mario is the game ur meant to play biatch

wdf so are you saying "im fucked for uni" now? and that im a "fool" now just because i have no interest in a subject? dont think you have the right to assume whatever you think and talk big because your behind a f*kn moniter ..

aaaman

Banned
HSC
ok dumbarse, the 1st paragraph is for the post above it,

"SDD in yr 11 = shit

SDD in yr 12 = gold "

is yours

BrentMcKendrick

Um.. i dont know exactly where this thread is going... with all this bitching and all.. but anyways if you are doing software in 2006 and you are serious about the subject you will be fine...
The HSC is so much easier than u expect. If you learn the excel guide for SDD you'l kill it.. i knew the whole thing back to front (minus the option topic i didnt do) and i got 92-94% (cant remember exactly) for SDD.

If you dont have the excel book go and buy it you wont regret it.
OH and PS: Dont think you need to learn everything fatmuscle wrote in his notes... IF they ask something about flip-flops it will be easy... they will never ask to do binary division of decimal numbers. Why? because its not part of the course!!! BUT they may ask binary division... thats easy anyways its normal long division except add the 2's complement of the divisor to the dividend steps... (if you dont kno what these are you probably arent doing developers view of the hardware :)).

svenson

HSC
I did SDD in year 9 and 10 as an accelerant and got 84% barely did anyway study and work at all. i found most of it very easy. im doing it again this year (just the HSC part) and actually putting some work into it. looks promising at the moment! getting over 90%. and a tip for every1 the exams r easier than u think!

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i would like SDD better if it werent for the teacher.

seems like her teaching methods revolve around "do this excercise for homework and tomorrow ill check if you wrote something in your books and give you ticks if you do and then ill make you read for 40 minutes in silence and then spend the remainder of the class doing your major project, ok, come to me if you have any questions."

its just....so unmotivating, im doing alright in it (3/11 for yr 12 half yearly + yr 11 final year report) but its just such a bored to learn.

plus our classroom seems void of all sunlight. due to glare (were barely on the comps) and other ergonomical factors *sigh* it seems that were better off learning with the room lights on which makes everyone feel even more sleepy.

im pretty sure atleast half the class has had a private conversion with me about her teaching methods. thing is shes the only teacher in our school to teach any computer related subjects.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
have u considered bringing it up with a headteacher BeathB4Life? or perhaps spoken to the Principal? I'm sure they'll be able to take ur suggestions productively....

my teacher at the moment is away on leave. we have trials in two weeks :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)