Was it ok if u disagreed with section 3's statement? (1 Viewer)

Annalisee

HSC
I disagreed
although I said sometimes that is the case but most of the characters in my texts earnt their spirit from completing the jounrey

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Disagreeing is allowed. Why would they ask 'do you agree', instead they should say 'support this quote with the text you have studied about journeys this year', or something like that.

HSC
caswell1515 said:
dude im pretty sure skrzyneckis poems were all about human spirit.

but yeah my tutor said disagreeing is one of the best things to earn marks IF YOU CAN BACK IT UP! which i did quite well.

so all those people saying you have to agree, ur just naive.
unless your tutor is the head marker of aos i beg to differ

JadeSarah

HSC
i disagreed with it because my texts suited it better if i did.. its ok if you disagree, just have to make sure you back it up and support your arguement!
which hopefully i did!

SHARPEI

HSC
this just in: the use of two related texts was a typo....

markers (which my teacher is one) have been instructed to penalise anyone who a) disagreed with the question, b) used two related texts or c) thought the poem was about a dog...

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
SHARPEI said:

markers (which my teacher is one) have been instructed to penalise anyone who a) disagreed with the question, b) used two related texts or c) thought the poem was about a dog...
Lie

shazarna

HSC
berger69 said:
okay i just called hsc advice line

they said it was almost critical to AGREE with the quote

im screwed now...i disagreed!!!

what a load of crap- the question said, "do you agree with this statement?"
whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant, it's how you support your viewpoint that is important. it is obvious that a strong human spirit is not necessarily essentail in ALL inner journeys because they are so unique and personal. in some inner journeys a strong human spirit is the RESULT of the journey and not essential to embark upon the journey.
whoever you talked to on the advice line mustn't have even read the paper haha.

Mumless

HSC
I agreed, but I backed it up with my examples. As has been mentioned it would have been acceptable to agree OR disagree.

Christina168

HSC
I disagreed but i ran out of time and missed about a third of my quotes.. but disagreeing with the statement suited my texts and argument.

ashlee-xx

HSC
i disagreed
like isnt the rubric for physical journeys about obstacles within the journey that allow the character to extend themselves

and human spirit is developed through the journey, not already there before the journey?

i duno my brains confused

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
SHARPEI said:

Why would they penalise someone for their own mistakes?

ashlee-xx

HSC
by the way called hsc advice line
students are not marked down for disagreeing

the person i was talking to actually said in some cases disagreeing may mean a more complex interpretation of the text

not always

but it all depends on how well you argued your point of view

either way agree disagree its all good

...she even said partially agreeing and disagreeing was allowed?

kasiagrysiewicz

HSC
they can't penalise someone for a typo mistake. there is probably a 0.000001% chance there would be a typo in the HSC because it was written so long ago, and so many people check it. so i think that's a lie too

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
SHARPEI said:

Lulz 2/10 troll.

Olympus15

HSC
Disagreeing's fine but to me its almost always logical to agree. If you disagree you can significantly fall down an abyss in your writing from which there is no end. Play it safe, agree.

Manserd

HSC
Olympus15 said:
Disagreeing's fine but to me its almost always logical to agree. If you disagree you can significantly fall down an abyss in your writing from which there is no end. Play it safe, agree.
No, it isn't illogical to disagree. If anything, it was more logical, as it is a lot easier to say that journeys are positive processes that give strength than it is to say they're negative.

falconhawk50

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
that journeys are about growth and change from facing obstacles, you don't need a strong human spirit, the whole aim is to make ur human spirit stronger! a strong human spirit is just something that helps, not essential

i did physical journeys btw
I had the same thesis as you, benefitial, but not essential. Was the most perfect question I could have had as it matched my texts perfectly. I wrtoe 1 and a half booklets :D

coolasiangal

HSC
ashlee-xx said:
i disagreed
like isnt the rubric for physical journeys about obstacles within the journey that allow the character to extend themselves

and human spirit is developed through the journey, not already there before the journey?

i duno my brains confused

I wrote something really similar to you. . .

I wrote that strong human sprit as not a prerequisite to physical journey as the journey provides opportunities and endows travellers to discover and understand more about themselves.

So the strong human spirit is the outcome gained thru adversities and challenges of what journey provides.

Lucky Im not the only one who interprested it that way .. PHEW.
You saved me . . . coz all my friends said I was pathetic and stupid for interpreting it that way. . . :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)