Was Section III a speech? (1 Viewer)

Egghead

HSC
disco_dave said:
thats not too bad... actually it was outta 20 wasnt it?? thats about 10%, ouch
Actually its 16 2/3% There are 3x20Mark questions making it out of 60 not 100.

legallytaouk

i rote a intro b4 saying goodmorning blah blah blah,.. is that bad?? :( i used I IIII wateva but i 4got 2 end with thank u... is that bad aswll? i ended with saying "this chapter ov our lives is the end to a new begining" asin we going into the world.. blah blah... i duno.. i think i did soo shit:( i didn like this paper... it killed me... aswell as dieing crop tummy craps... it didn help very much
AT LEST DERS NO MORE ENGLISH FOR EVER N EVER SO I CAN SPK N SPELL HOW I LIKE.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

federal

HSC
presentation isnt just specific to a speech, cant a report be a presentation seeing as they didnt specify cause i did a report and its shit if i lose marks for it!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's a speech. They wouldnt have had 3 essays.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But your audience were 'youth' or whatever, so you could make with the yak-yak

wallid

HSC
what if u didn't say good morning or whatever to start, but you used first person 'I' , engaged audience, and used rhetorical questions

you guys think can it be classified as a speech

Scanorama

HSC
Presentation can be both verbal or written. Powerpoint is a form of presentation yet you dont write Good morning ladies and gentleman on it. Maybe if you have I, you, we, us can satisfy the markers?

wallid

HSC
thats true, there's a few diff types of presentations - maybe its better if you have a different kind, because the majority will be using a speech, so yours appears unique :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
wallid said:
thats true, there's a few diff types of presentations - maybe its better if you have a different kind, because the majority will be using a speech, so yours appears unique :p
I hate the idea that we're somehow obligated to entertain the marker. If it's all there, then they can shut up and mark it well!

wallid

HSC
haha yea

they will obviously be expecting a speech, but i wonder what happens if you use appropriate language - first person etc without highlighting what type of presentation you are doing .

you can't really lose marks, because they didn't a type to do..... can u??

Gemstone

Okay this section has me a little worried. I wrote a report. Becausse it said present your findings and I presented them in the form of a report. That's how I interpretted presentation. I wouldn't have thought it was an essay though given it did say present, but I guess I can't talk given I wrote a report. Anyway hopefully it doesn't lose too many marks for that. I mean it's still a presentation of the findings. So it's not a speech well they can just get over it it never said it had to be.

Gemma

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Section 3 Speech

Hey ppl, sorry to burst ur bubble but it was definately a speech. I have the question right here.

Q12. -Well thats what I did, they were all the same really.

You are a keynote speaker at a conference for young writers and directors.

The title of your presentation is: Visions and Versions of Telling the Truth.

In your presentation, explore how and for what purpose composers create their partiular visions and versions.

Refer to your prescribed text and a least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

Yeah so it was a speech for sure, I did it all speechy like till the end when I nearly ran out of time and forgot to say thankyou, I did end it with a rhetorical question but. Does anyone think it makes a difference? Did anyone else have a sore hand and feel kinda rushed for 3 essays?

wallid

HSC
yea, very sore..

thats not necessarily true - in your question they specific "keynote speaker" - in other words DO A SPEECH. in todays they didn't really specify anything.. well i suppose maybe they kinda hinted it - not clear enoughhhhh

i dunno, maybe your right - what u think will happen if u didn't do the good morning part or whatever, but you did speech format - first person etc. u think u can still get full marks (if it was good enough of course :p ) ??

Gemstone

Um my question never actually said it was a speech it just said a presentation.

Hold on I'll find the question - Found it. Hold on there was no question 12 on the paper. It only goes up to 10 and none of them mentioned aa speech.

"Question 8

You have been invited to give a presentation at a youth forum on institutions in our society.

What do the texts you have studied have to say about the positive and or negative effects of institutions?

Deliver your findings by referring to...."

It never mentions that it's a speech just says it's a presentation. Presentations can be both verbal and written.

Gemma

urban-angel

20 yo! =)
HSC
shiet >.< i didn't use first person. I used we? us? and had rhetorical questions like "so, why is the truth uncontrollable?", good evening, thankyou for your time...blah blah blah... i hope that helps -_____-"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)