• University of Canberra

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • CSU

Votes: 11 2.9%

• Total voters

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Information Science:( at Newcastle University:). I am hoping to transfer to Business though because I have absolutely no interest in Information Science:(.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
then y did u put it on ur list?? (unless like me, coz of the low uai with the aim of transferring ;))

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
then y did u put it on ur list?? (unless like me, coz of the low uai with the aim of transferring ;))
Exactly. If I don't get the transfer I will probably drop out and apply for Newstep:cool:.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
y not just stick it out til the end of first yr if u dont get it now? u mite be bored stupid for a yr, but better than dropping out, surely?
and isnt this 2 week bracket pretty much for people that got into a course with a higher uai than the one they want?? so u woodnt b able to transfer now?
ok, im not making sense anymore...wait, i never do ;)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I meant I will be dropping out if I don't get the transfer at the end of this year because I am doing 7/8 of the first year Business Degree subjects this year anyway:). The criteria on which an internal program transfer is based on in this two week period is your UAI and whether the substitute program has vacancies. So I am hoping that if some vacancies in the Bachelor of Business come up they will consider me because I was only 1.8 UAI points below the cutoff in the first place. Plus, in my e-mail/letter I made some pretty strong cases why I was disadvantaged in the HSC;).

ladidid

HSC
N/A
I'm going to Macquarie. Just a couple of minutes and I'm there :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
Hey merethrond, me and u are in the same boat in terms of transferring sep that im changing uni's...do u know anything about mid year transfers???? I emailed the uni and asked and they said they didnt but if i contact them in about April they may have more of an idea about it then and if they can do so...cuz i wana do B Business @Newy too
I just got denied from transferring before the year starts and they said work hard this year and try again at the end of the year. I haven't heard anything about mid-year transfers but I would definitely be interested:).

overwhelming

put it this way.
UTS has lower UAI cutoffs than UNSW.
Higher UAI's are generally achieved by asians (assumption). Therefore you can deduce that more asians goto UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)