Wats a good Broadband or Adsl plan (2 Viewers)

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
hey guys, can some one tell me a good adsl plan...like around $50 to 60 and have a good dl limit and dont charge u extra if u go over the limit but just gives u slower connection

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
Originally posted by Carlito
TPG have unlimited for $50 a month i think
wats unlimited mean?? unlimited download and unlimited time?

is a roflcopter
HSC
iinet 512000bits/128000bits adsl
320000000000 byte download, then capped at 72000bits

80 bucks a month

THATS SOME BIG NUMBERS!
even the price :(

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hbk_ace
All broadband accounts have unlimited time because they're always online connections. (You dont dial up etc or get disconnected). What you want is unlimited download.

Only two companies offer true unlimited without slowing down your speed. That's DART and TPG.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
get telstra cable unlimited*

they lowered their pricing for yet another $10

so its now $59.95

its got free content in regards to GameArena. They have like up to 100 servers dedicated to games and don't count towards your limit. You can also download demos' for free and other stuff without conjuring up to your monthly download limit.

You can also download of files.bigpond.com with the likes of Linux ISO's for free...

Aside from those two prominent sites, they also have entertainment sites and a variety more.

Optus may be great, but in terms of content, they are heaps poor on it.

Not to mention the 28kbps cap they impose after you hit the limit. On telstra you get shaped to 64kbps which is usable as opposed to Optus' 28.

Also, alot of people might say telstra has bad customer service, but why would you ever need to phone them aside from the slight occasional "what happened here" stuff.

I have also read, Optus disconnects people/ban them from their network when they have been found out to be sharing illegal files on the P2P network such as Kazaa.

So i wouldn't risk optus.

If you can get cable, get telstra, its bloody worth it. However if you're looking at ADSL if you don't have cable, I suggest joining Netspace or iiNet. They use PIPE and don't have bad plans as well!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hbk_ace
yeah- unlimited means unlimited downloads!

anyways- i got a 512k unlimited connection from tpg for $80 bux per month...u can get a 256k unlimited conection (with a free modem which they provide) for $60 i think. :)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Hey is TPG really worth it?

How's their customer service? How do you compare it with optus (if you ever used it), is there alot of down time with TPG? Does it really offer a true unlimited plan, but how can it i mean if they offer me unlimited i can so download alot over 12gb...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i really suggest you to lurk around these forums at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au and check out what people have to say about each isp. im persnally with iinet paying 80 a month with 32 gigs of downloads on a 512/128 adsl plan, and ive never looked back they are great!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
The best isp's are dart internet and internode internet as surveyed in a pc magazine... last months is all about adsl/cable plans. PC user and APC i think...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
tpg and telstra ranked lowest, optus avg...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
all were 512/128 all round about 60-70 a pop

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by RUB!X
tpg and telstra ranked lowest, optus avg...
i don't c why its ranked the lowest, i mean, i don't know abt. the cutomer service and stuff bcoz i haven't had any problems with their internet service so far...its been very good to me....so i would recommend it to others as well! :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Hey is TPG really worth it?

How's their customer service? How do you compare it with optus (if you ever used it), is there alot of down time with TPG? Does it really offer a true unlimited plan, but how can it i mean if they offer me unlimited i can so download alot over 12gb...
yep, its truly unlimited, i prolly use like 20 gigs per month (since i've got 2 comps. connected to the same connection), and yeah, its been very good...as with down time there has a been a few downtimes here and there...but it didn't last for long, and it happened during the night times (around 2am)...but like i said it prolly lasts for like 10 mins or something. :S

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
note optus and telstra are both releasing really cheap plans soon... it might be an option. they're two of the largest suppliers of broadband so you know they won't go down the drain at least.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by anti
note optus and telstra are both releasing really cheap plans soon... it might be an option. they're two of the largest suppliers of broadband so you know they won't go down the drain at least.
Really?

I thought they already released cheap plans... Are they releasing ANOTHER block of plans or just upgrading more download offer?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Oh, I don't know. I read something about it in the paper yesterday - I think Telstra released their 'too dodgy to be true' plans and Optus is matching them this month.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Meh.

IMHO: Telstra Bigpond 10GB/Unlimited plan. It gives you GameArena and the File Library and a few other free sites... check out telstra.com for it... its pretty good really.

If you're into linux and stuff, Telstra host the ISO's for some of them. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)