Way to chuck out John Howard! (1 Viewer)

ohne

HSC
BreaKing said:
i am pleased to announce the first official BOS spot the difference competition. first person with the correct answer wins a green rep!!!

all ya gotta do is tell me which one is the horse!!!

I like your signature very much, BreaKing. :)

Kwayera, given your mature and well thought out approach to politics I invite you to add the Mark Latham banner to your signature.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ohne said:

however some lefty PMd me and advised it was too much... gotta admit, 3 of the same banner was a tad over-the-top. :D:D:D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
BreaKing said:
bullshit artist. it says "are you sure you want to delete 'john howard'", not "get rid of john howard"

and even if it DID, i couldn't even see a person with way too much time on their hands doing it.
ahaha! so it was you... of course no one would do it.....

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ohne said:

Kwayera, given your mature and well thought out approach to politics I invite you to add the Mark Latham banner to your signature.
Honored muchly ;)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
BreaKing said:
however some lefty PMd me and advised it was too much... gotta admit, 3 of the same banner was a tad over-the-top. :D:D:D
Lmao, I saw it briefly ;)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
i am pleased to announce the first official BOS spot the difference competition. first person with the correct answer wins a green rep!!!

all ya gotta do is tell me which one is the horse!!!

hahahaha thats funny

you noticed how he kinda somehow resembles a horse cos hes got a longish face

good one!!

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Not enough young Libs? There's loads of them and tonnes on this forum as well. It's really depressing.

Today, I met John Howard's ideal women. This girl, only 17, was a staunch Liberal supporter. So I asked the usual questions I ask when I come across a public student from a middle class background who bizarrely enough supports the coalition,

'Are you aware of the increases in funding for private education since the Howard Government took power?'

'Are you aware you'll be going to university in a few years?'

To this she replied she didn't want to go to university, which is fine, but when I inquired into her alternate path that she plans to follow she told me-

"I WANT TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOTHER" .......................................................... if anybody wants me to take a photo of her so you can stare at her in awe, I will.

Very wealthy people and stay at home mothers are the only people who do not benefit from the ALP's tax cuts. And so they shouldn't.

The ALP supports real women, not pissy housewives.

leetom

HSC
Kwayera said:
Sir Billy Snedden (Liberal Speaker about 20-30 years ago); Fiona Snedden (ran for Melbourne Ports a while ago).
Ah, Liberals...always reminding us of their family line.

What kind of benefit do young people get from joining one of the major parties? I've been floating around from party to party (not including Libs or Nationals) but I don't want to join only to be given a bundle of stickers.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
leetom said:
Not enough young Libs? There's loads of them and tonnes on this forum as well. It's really depressing.
Please explain

Today, I met John Howard's ideal women. This girl, only 17, was a staunch Liberal supporter.
OMG HOW DARE SHE BE!

So I asked the usual questions I ask when I come across a public student from a middle class background who bizarrely enough supports the coalition,
Of course you do Mr. Socially Aware

'Are you aware of the increases in funding for private education since the Howard Government took power?'
Are you aware of the huge drop in unemployment since the Howard Government took power?

'Are you aware you'll be going to university in a few years?'

To this she replied she didn't want to go to university, which is fine,
I'm sure she was very grateful that you approved of her decisions.

but when I inquired into her alternate path that she plans to follow she told me-

"I WANT TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOTHER" .......................................................... if anybody wants me to take a photo of her so you can stare at her in awe, I will.
OMG! A STAY AT HOME MOTHER! Someone shoot her for not conforming to what YOUR expectations of women are. All women should work right!

Very wealthy people and stay at home mothers are the only people who do not benefit from the ALP's tax cuts. And so they shouldn't.
Care to explain why they shouldn't?

It's great to know that according to your understanding of ALP policy you believe that your party doesn't represent a hell of a lot of women. Of course raising children isn't a real occupation. Any woman who sacrifices her aspirations of having a career to raise a child should be denigrated!

Also, just wondering...who in the ALP decides what a real woman is? My thinking really tells me that as long as you're anatomically correct with all the right bits, you'd pretty much be considered a woman.

In what way does a woman choosing a career or choosing to raise a child change the value of her contribution to society?

btw: I should add that many housewives would consider themselves real women, since they are actually raising a child - as opposed to their power-suited counterparts.

Also according to your sig, Latham is taking the pressure off families. So according to you housewives aren't part of families amirite?

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Nick said:
hahahaha thats funny

you noticed how he kinda somehow resembles a horse cos hes got a longish face

good one!!

lol i can't tell whether or not you're being sarcastic there.... :confused:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
If Mark Latham said "What's a tax?" wouldn't that be a good thing?

If he doesn't know what one is, how could be possibly tax you? I thought you rich people hated taxes???

You clearly don't think through the implications of your poor attempts at jokes...

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
If Mark Latham said "What's a tax?" wouldn't that be a good thing?

If he doesn't know what one is, how could be possibly tax you? I thought you rich people hated taxes???

You clearly don't think through the implications of your poor attempts at jokes...
you just don't have an appreciation for such biting political satire

ohne

HSC
leetom said:
if you are trying to gain support for the ALP you are not doing a very good job by abusing certain sections of society.

come to think of it, however, Mark Latham does the same eg. orange grove, private schools, private health, fee paying universities etc.

leetom

HSC
In reply to neo o's post-

I just find the amount of liberal supporters on this site depressing. I always thought that once the old conservatives had died off, the younger, more clear-thinking generation could take over and reduce the liberal party to political nothingness. But I now see that it will always be a long, hard struggle.

A drop in unemployment? I think I have heard that, but do you have any statistics as to which sections of the workforce this took place and just what did the Liberal party implement for a rise in employment to occur? I'm just interested.

Sorry, I should of defined what I think a stay at home mother is properly. Personally, I've got no qualms with a women taking up to four years off work to support a newborn, but I see stay at home mothers as the women who don't return to work for the duration of their kid's childhood. I suppose you can argue these women are working to raise their children, and that that is the real occupation of these women, but that's pretty crap. It's a very restricted view of a womans ability and potential in the workforce.

Latham is taking the pressure off real, both parents working, Australian families.

Victory to the ALP.

btw: housewives who consider themselves real women should are either incredibly stupid or incredibly conervative. The age of having the mother stay at home to raise children and having the father win all the bread is over. The real Australian woman is the working woman.

Vitory to the ALP.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
ohne said:
Wasn't twistedd the first to have the Mark Latham banner on his sig? He should be the one to "invite" people to put it on.

leetom said:
Latham is taking the pressure off real, both parents working, Australian families.
I want to know who came up with the slogan Taking the pressure off families.. If they had gone to school they would have realised that the correct word to use would be FROM, instead of OFF. From a person, off a thing.

leetom said:
btw: housewives who consider themselves real women should are either incredibly stupid or incredibly conervative. The age of having the mother stay at home to raise children and having the father win all the bread is over. The real Australian woman is the working woman.
Although I dont necessarily agree that women should stay home, I have to disagree with you saying that stay at home mothers are no more. In fact, the numbers of stay at home mums has dramatically risen over the last 5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)