• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Webmail (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
When does webmail become active and how do you activate it, cause i tried logging in and it didn't let me

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Make sure your student number and password is correct. Keep trying to log in, and in a few days, if its still not working, try ringing up the uni and ask them whats going on.

Jacks

HSC
yeah I agree with cape, you should ring them if it's not up and running in a few days just to see what the deal is...though they will probably just tell you that they are being organised etc and stuff like that. They should be ready be the time uni starts but you can check with your student centre if you want to double check, all first years by the sounds of it are having this problem so I'm guessing it takes awhile initially to get all the new accounts up and running.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
anybody's webmail working yet? mine isnt! it keeps saying password incorrect, but my password is correct!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The password thingo is very case sensitive. Maybe that could be a reason. If not, just wait a few more days. I know its annoying.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
sometimes its like that, even tho you typed the right password it says "Bad Password"

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ok *relaxs* thnx guyz..also i 4got 2 mention i only set that myuwsaccount today so maybe thats y.....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
That might be it. Also, when I was first using it last year. If I pressed enter, it wouldn't let me in at first. You should try clicking with your mouse for the first few times.

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
but are ANY first years working yet? mine has progressed from 'user does not exist' to 'password incorrect! Please go back and try again.'

so is it just mine, and my password is screwed or is it every first years?

haha i still thinkwe sound like Hogwarts students saying 'first years'

= Jennifer =

HSC
rekyj said:
but are ANY first years working yet? mine has progressed from 'user does not exist' to 'password incorrect! Please go back and try again.'

so is it just mine, and my password is screwed or is it every first years?

haha i still thinkwe sound like Hogwarts students saying 'first years'

yep mine is at the same stage as yours :)

Jacks

HSC
it's a "first years" problem...just keep trying, it will work one of these days. It only takes about 15mins after you activate your account usually before you can access it so I don't think that's anything to worry about, just one of those things. It's annoying, but unavoidable until it's sorted out for you, unfortunately. Persistence is the key I think, so just keep at it.

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
yep mine is at the same stage as yours :)
damn them and their slowness. i just wanna know if i got any emails!!!! not that there could possibly be ANYTHING really important, but you know... its just...
'cool uni email address'

plus, i think it has to be one of the only things related to the site, i HAVEN'T looked at yet... damn its irritating

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Just for all those first years who are curious to see what the email looks like, here you go :p

Jacks

HSC
awww see isn't cape so nice? :p yeah it's really not all that exciting, and I check my e-mail all the time and there's hardly anything there. Chances are you'll wait with anticipation and then when you finally log in all you'll find is an empty, lonely inbox...don't worry though...has anyone actually rang the student centre and enquired as to when they might actually be up and running?

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
ahhh!!!
i loooove you!!!

its very plain... can i edit the HTML and make mine... snazzier? or just.. you know.. leave it be...

thanks!!! :D :D :D

Jacks

HSC
You can edit it, the photo cape posted is the mail set to default ;) There are quite a few styles you can choose from, you can access them by going to options and scrolling down the "style" options...you'll see where I mean when you can access yours and muck around with the various colours etc.

Last edited:

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
lol... just.. changing the display and layout of it to customize it to my... personality...

Do you know anything about LIvejournal... if so, is it like that? a series of other layouts one can pick from, with slight changes, or is it merely default, and other layouts... or is it very accessable and changeable?

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
YESSSS!!!

i love making things distinctly MINE!!

thanks!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)