websites (1 Viewer)

CoYLiE

So... just to make use of an already created thread, is anyone actually doin websites, if so, what programs r u using???
Looking at the two provided on last years major works cd, it seemed that one of them had pretty good material but very very basic layout, and the other one pretty good creation wise, but content.... what content??.... my point exactly....

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Coylie, one of the websites on the standards package was made by a girl from my school. I'll stop mentioning her because we all saw her website and went "hmmmmmm". ;)

I'm using Flash (yay, learnt it in a weekend) and it's more of a multimedia project now than a website... might change that in my reflection statement. There's four ppl in a class of about 25 doing websites, and I think we're all using Flash, actually. It just provides a lot more scope for visual and aural effects, although it limits the audience somewhat...

CoYLiE

Thanx 4 that anti :)
I started using Flash back in teh proposal stage, but now im using a program sort of like flash called 'swish', not only cos it's easier to use, but also cos it also is a lot easier for website creation.
btw - 25 people in your class??? we only have four doing it this year... hehe... suppose it says something about my school then... :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I think most of us started saying "Flash? Bah, I'm not learning a program just for this damned subject..." and changed our minds :)

My opinion is that my grade is kinda indecisive.. a lot of us did 4u because hey, it's "just a major work" and it sounded pretty cool. Quite a few people dropped it :)

I'm using mostly just html and javascript. Though the layout of my website is like an email inbox so... it aint like flash would work for that anyway.

I'm scared now, flash is scary and if you ppl can do it well I'm going to be freaked out aren't i?

p.s. according to ETA day i went to, the examiners were actually really impressed with the content of the contentless site

DebuOfCourse

Hi there.

Anyone got any examples of such sites?

I'm also wondering, what so English about a website?
What do they actually mark you on?

pEACe

Dev

ShirLz

the word web site comes from the english language - a result of a combination of 'web' n 'site' :D anything written in english is classified as english, n anything written usin language is classified as "texts" for different "contexts"...sigHz - the Board of Studies ppl are such losers......:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)