Weimar Republic :S (1 Viewer)

tim_daniela

HSC
is anyone else doing Weimar republic, im struggling with an essay question

To what extent had the Weimar Republic overcome its problems by the start of 1929?

any ideas on what to say, i struggle with essays big time.

let me know guys! its due on the 16th!!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
is anyone else doing Weimar republic, im struggling with an essay question

To what extent had the Weimar Republic overcome its problems by the start of 1929?

any ideas on what to say, i struggle with essays big time.

let me know guys! its due on the 16th!!

Start with identifying the problems that you are going to raise.

Take each one and show how the different governments of the Weimar period dealt with it, add different views of a couple of different historians and then make a judgement that shows a degree of extent e.g. 'had greatly overcome', had started to overcome, was still a major problem etc.

After analysing each problem separately make a judgement about the overall degree that the republic had overcome their problems. Remember the 'start of 1929' means before the Wall St Crash and before Stresemann dies.

tim_daniela

HSC
Start with identifying the problems that you are going to raise.

Take each one and show how the different governments of the Weimar period dealt with it, add different views of a couple of different historians and then make a judgement that shows a degree of extent e.g. 'had greatly overcome', had started to overcome, was still a major problem etc.

After analysing each problem separately make a judgement about the overall degree that the republic had overcome their problems. Remember the 'start of 1929' means before the Wall St Crash and before Stresemann dies.

thank you but i still dont completely understand, are u studying it aswell, cause ive been in hospital and have missed so many lessons on what these problems were, ive looked up a few internet sources and in some books but still am struggling on what sort of things to address

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
thank you but i still dont completely understand, are u studying it aswell, cause ive been in hospital and have missed so many lessons on what these problems were, ive looked up a few internet sources and in some books but still am struggling on what sort of things to address

No I am teaching it to my Year 12 class at the moment.

You should address things like the instability caused by the constitution, economic problems, foreign policy and being accepted as part of the 'family of nations' again after WWI, psychological acceptance of Weimar by the population, dealing with extremist parties such as the Nazis and the Communists.

You do need to cover the entire period from 1919 to 1929.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)