Weird Enrollment Question :| (1 Viewer)

shluo

HSC
N/A
So I'm enrolling in my first year classes right now (I'm starting a deferred program next year) and I'm just wondering...

Take MGMT1001 for example which I'm taking in S1. Some classes are full while others are empty. Who are these students (since the HSC'ers haven't gotten their results yet)?

Are they mostly continuing students, deferrers, or internationals? (Mainly asking because I don't want to get cornered in a class with 24 internationals with nowhere to go when it comes to group work :|

BiancaC

HSC
So I'm enrolling in my first year classes right now (I'm starting a deferred program next year) and I'm just wondering...

Take MGMT1001 for example which I'm taking in S1. Some classes are full while others are empty. Who are these students (since the HSC'ers haven't gotten their results yet)?

Are they mostly continuing students, deferrers, or internationals? (Mainly asking because I don't want to get cornered in a class with 24 internationals with nowhere to go when it comes to group work :|
MGMT1001 is one of the courses which is done by students from a very very wide range of degrees. Whilst most are first-year commerce students, a substantial proportion are doing it and they are in their second, third or even fourth year. It is an elective in a number of degrees and is also a gen ed, meaning it is a very popular subject.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
^ What she said above. I think a majority of the students enrolled in the classes right now are continuing students. You have to understand though, that you have no idea who is going to be in your class until you actually go to the class. You could be lucky and have several locals in your class, or you could be extremely unlucky and end up in a class full of international students. Who knows? But the latter is highly unlikely, because like BiancaC said, students from all years and from all sorts of degrees take MGMT1001.

D94

HSC
N/A
Some students doing double degrees (let's say engineering/commerce) may decide to complete the necessary amount for their engineering degree before starting their commerce degree. Also, it's recommended that engineering students wait until second year before starting their commerce component.

Some people also began in Semester 2 last year, so 2013 Semester 1 is their second semester of uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)