Weird things that have happened at your work!! (1 Viewer)

- Messiah -

HSC
N/A
Speaking of ciggies, an old man ordered a meal from our workplace, and tried to pay for it buy offering ciggies as barter. LMAO.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
today an old man blew me a kiss
but it was like a spiritual kiss
if that makes any sense
i dont think he spoke english...so when he went to say thnx/bye he blew me a kiss...and i was liek wtf...but it was sweet/weird

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
my friend was a guy who worked at a call centre, for people with problems in their computer. you people might have heard this as a joke somewhere, but it actually happened. the guy's like, oh my computer doesn't turn on. i've pressed everything, tried everythong, it doesn't turn on. my friend's like...do you see any lights on? have you plugged the cable into the power source? and the guys like, yeah i see some lights, its all plugged in. i can type and a sound keeps coming. my friend's says, ok, is your monitor turned on? the guy replies, how do i check? well, you can't see anything right, so press the button below the screen...then the guy hangs up. i couldn't stop laughing.

another one was where a guy thought the cd tray was a cup holder <no joke>, i've seen this in emails, but it actully happened, and it broke off and my friend was asked how to repair the cup holder...it took my friend about 10 minutes to figure out that the cup holder meant the cd tray..lol. so stupid

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
super katie said:
I was mooned by a dirty old man with one arm... because we wouldnt let him beg for money to buy cigarettes to make him even more dirty and smelly.
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D :D rofl

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
lol some of those are pretty damn good.... i have SOOOO MANY

- a drunk guy telling me about the dog biscuits he'd just eaten and attempting to show the remains in his mouth to me as im trying to close up the shop

- i got fought with about advertising something as $1 when it was really 99c.... the womans words- "I CAN SUE YOU FOR FALSE ADVERTISING YOU KNOW!!"

- we have a bearded (old) woman who comes into the store every single day and buys either one thing or nothing... and she wanders the store for HOURS and talks to ANYONE she can find...

- this drugged up guy who thought this toy gun was REAL... and was askin me and any staff he could find if the little plastic bits would affect the gun functioning properly cos he needed to protect himself or something!

- a creepy customer who threw his own receipt in my register bin and then came back and went thru my friends entire bin!! and she's like WTF.... i didnt even serve you!

i got so many more... another day

HSC
this old lady died in the cinema while she was watching a movie .. sad thing is that her husband next to her didn't even realise, it was a random person like three rows behind her that noticed.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
This was at my parent's work, not what the thread asked but anyhoo.
My dad was on lunch break so he went down to the Coles level at Westfields Chatswood and then a woman (I think) jumped / or tripped off level 7 down to ground floor and hit another person who was sitting at the coffee shop. I hope neither of them died. :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
m0ofin said:
This was at my parent's work, not what the thread asked but anyhoo.
My dad was on lunch break so he went down to the Coles level at Westfields Chatswood and then a woman (I think) jumped / or tripped off level 7 down to ground floor and hit another person who was sitting at the coffee shop. I hope neither of them died. :(
omg yeah that was on the news and stuff wasnt it? that was so frickin scary. those poor people. how freaky must it have been for people watching too, you're minding you're own business and then some lady goes smack onto the floor in front of you. eeeep. it reminded me too, my dad is a nurse and a few weeks ago one of the cancer patients committed suicide while he was having a coffee on one of the fire escapes. the dude brushed him on the way down and dad saw him *splat* on the ground. not cool. *shudder* ugh suicide stories freak me out. also he works in intensive care and this big polish guy went kinda psycho with an oxygen cylinder in there a few months back. my poor dad got pretty injured but i still cant help laughing when imagining how it must have looked though.

VegeSim

HSC
Ive had lots of weird things happen at work... weirdest was an old guy, in his 60's.. I went up to him and asked him if needed any help.. and he said "no, Im just waiting for my wife.*points to old woman at front counter* Ive been waiting for her the past 40 years" I laughed/smiled, and then he said "Hey!! You've got a Beauitiful smile! Are you married?" me replying "no", he continues "Wow, Im sure the ladies will be all over you, a young attractive man such as yourself" That was kind of creepy.

Other weird things.. We sometimes have this guy come in to the store. usually wandering around the techworks area. He goes up to the paper, or something cheap, and picks it up, looks at it, puts it down and starts wandering around again. And then wanders around the whole store, doing absolutely nothing, never buying anything.

I constantly get asked "Do you work here" and on one occasion, Ive received a phone call from one of those call centres based in india. (the guy was trying to put on a fake aussie accent, the answers were delayed, There was a little static, etc. and the guy didnt know what Officeworks was) Theres others but Im not gonna post them just yet.... Oh the joys of retail.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
it was always funny when the younger people were trying to hide their purchases of condoms and stuff like that but i was on express one time and this guy came up to the counter with only a packet of condoms and then argued on the price ...thanks to the scanning policy he walked out with a free packet of condoms .i think i may have posted that one before but its a funny story

P

pLuvia

Yeh I heard that one, she tried to commit suicide but she failed, instead the person she landed onto was seriously injured but she wasn't.

Not only had she failed in life, but failed to get out of life :D:D

HSC
today, some drunk tried to rob us, twice, within 5 minute intervals.
first time, we only gave him a warning...since he was off his face.
second time, we threatened to call the cops and he bolted out the door, collecting the sliding glass door and stacking it.
quite a funny incident really.ha.hahah.a.ah :)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hehehe, failed at life and failed in getting out of life.....hahahah that's good. but the poor person she fell on, how rude.

Richiee

Neutral Member
HSC
N/A
a 70 year old lady flashed at one of our supervisors :lol:, she quit soon after.

thats the wackiest story i've got.

Collin

HSC
N/A
At Officeworks, an old lady attacked me for telling her that we no longer stocked a particular (obselete) typewriter ribbon she wanted.

miss_m

HSC
We had one guy proposing marriage to women throught the shop cos his visa was about to expire and he thought he could stay if he had an australian wife. that was amusing.
The weirdest customer I've ever had was this woman and she was totally flat chested, and whinged to me for AGES about how we didn't stock many 10DD bras. ANd seriously she had NO BOOBS! Then she started to tell me how one day I will get a boob job and i don't appreciate the painfulness of having huge boobs. she was seriously weird i was only like 15 too and had just started. Some customers too lift up the back of the shirts and ask you to check their bra size. I"m like wtf??? Don't you KNOW!!?
Yeah but the shoplifters are the worst. Next door at Big W once there was this woman arrested and she slashed her wrists and threatened to infect everyone with AIDS. Thank God that's never happened where I work - I just get to listen to the foulmouthes swear at the managers while I eat my lunch! Highly entertaining.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
this asian couple bet how many inches my waistline was

when I went to take them their meal they were like it's 18 inches isn;t it! 18 inches, in their broken english

I'm like ah no, I WISH haha, you need glasses, but have a nice day because you're paying my wages

HSC
natstar said:
Some customer at work asked me if I was Australian. She said I looked Croatian...wtf?
you've mentioned a few times that people reckon you look slavic

HSC
natstar said:
Some customer at work asked me if I was Australian. She said I looked Croatian...wtf?
bahha someone asked me at my work if i was african because i have "dark skin". which i dont. like WTF

pottsy44

HSC
haha i work at maccas i have countless crazy/wierd stories.

- we found a dead cat in a light, one of those lights that have a few fluro globes in them. the cat skin was like plastic it was freaken wierd to say the least.

- there was a fire where the fry vats caught a light. shit that was crazy, my manager grabbed a fire blanket and tried to put it out, but it did work, so i ran off and grabbed the fire entinguisher and tried to get the fire under control (hero :p) but it wouldnt go out. there ended up being 3 fire engines, 2 ambos and 4 cop cars turn up. oh the drama!

- a bomb scare at woolies next door. oh the drama once again!

- we have fights on a regular basis, 2 in particular, one where there was a bitch fight inside and a window got smashed. second a huge fight in the car park, where people decided they needed weapons to fight and so guy got a hammer through his bonet.

- a mini riot in the next suburb, where 2 chicks stole a car and crashed into a petrol bowser next to maccas (like 20 metres away).

- countless fights with customers, my favourate was when some dude told two chicks they were sluts so i had a go at him then he told me he was coming back with the "punchbowl boys" when i finished work to "sort me out" ( they never came...)

oh that was a decent list, but yea alot more crazy shit has happened lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)