#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

AKONS

HSC
Hope its not too late to catch onto the Physics bandwagon!

Physics has been a mixed subject for me.

In term 1 I only learnt from the teacher in class. I had no idea what was going on and only the tutored kids or self-studiers could answer the questions he asked the class. After being ranked 24 ( for deph study exam) out of like the 50-80 range of people doing Physics, I absolutely started hating it. The rank wasn't that bad but like only the top 10 students really knew what they were doing and had any confidence that they will do better in future.

I then learnt out of the textbook which allowed me to ACTUALLY LEARN content. It helped me bump up to 13th for the next assessment (a prac exam).

Right now I'm experimenting with videos like Khan academy and Youtube to gain an even better understanding and hopefully bump up to the top 5.

My Physics teacher has a PHD in it and has been teaching for years. He just doesn't explain content often (usually giving us 'Surfing' Physics sheets) and when he does he doesn't really explain it. What I mean by that is that he just kind of wishy washys explaining if you catch my drift and his thick accent doesn't help either.

I know a student shouldn't blame his teacher. Its the students duty to work hard outside of school to master content too. I just felt like since Physics has never been my strongest subject, a better teacher would have been nice. But oh well, the world isn't fair.

Thank you for listening to my physics rant!!! :D

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Hope its not too late to catch onto the Physics bandwagon!

Physics has been a mixed subject for me.

In term 1 I only learnt from the teacher in class. I had no idea what was going on and only the tutored kids or self-studiers could answer the questions he asked the class. After being ranked 24 ( for deph study exam) out of like the 50-80 range of people doing Physics, I absolutely started hating it. The rank wasn't that bad but like only the top 10 students really knew what they were doing and had any confidence that they will do better in future.

I then learnt out of the textbook which allowed me to ACTUALLY LEARN content. It helped me bump up to 13th for the next assessment (a prac exam).

Right now I'm experimenting with videos like Khan academy and Youtube to gain an even better understanding and hopefully bump up to the top 5.

My Physics teacher has a PHD in it and has been teaching for years. He just doesn't explain content often (usually giving us 'Surfing' Physics sheets) and when he does he doesn't really explain it. What I mean by that is that he just kind of wishy washys explaining if you catch my drift and his thick accent doesn't help either.

I know a student shouldn't blame his teacher. Its the students duty to work hard outside of school to master content too. I just felt like since Physics has never been my strongest subject, a better teacher would have been nice. But oh well, the world isn't fair.

Thank you for listening to my physics rant!!! :D
u go boi go get that top 5 rank!!

Sar365bear

HSC
Does anyone have past papers for the following subjects:
Standard english, standard math, SOR1, human services, Cafs, biology?
Please send me a pm if you do.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have past papers for the following subjects:
Standard english, standard math, SOR1, human services, Cafs, biology?
Please send me a pm if you do.
Yep I should, I’ll have a look in my google drive and I’ll send you them later

kanra3431

HSC
So what's everyone's plans for the holidays? Personally I have 2 depth studies to finish off (one for Chem and the other for Bio) + 3 weeks worth of Physics to catch up on because I'm quite demotivated in Physics.

Also, has anybody got their reports yet? If so how are you feeling about it?
My school gave reports a couple of days ago, delayed bc of covid. Just thinking about my English and Phys marks makes me feel like crap lol and I’m really demotivated for both subjects. Ik this isn’t a huge deal but I’m really doubting my ability to improve in time for prelims.

idkkdi

HSC
My school gave reports a couple of days ago, delayed bc of covid. Just thinking about my English and Phys marks makes me feel like crap lol and I’m really demotivated for both subjects. Ik this isn’t a huge deal but I’m really doubting my ability to improve in time for prelims.
6hrs a day, 5 weeks. I believe in you.

kanra3431

HSC
Nah, I meant 6 hours a day on weekdays. And if you think that's unreasonable, I know plenty of people who do close to that.
Nah, I meant 6 hours a day on weekdays. And if you think that's unreasonable, I know plenty of people who do close to that.
[/QUO
it does sound like a lot but I’m guessing it’s a matter of really good time management? And less sleep lolol

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Saying 6 hours by itself is very vague. Studying for long quantities of time doesn’t guarantee good marks. Within that 6 hours it depends on how you study, how effectively you study etc.
People could study for 6 hours a day on the weekend but even though it’s a long period of time, study technique is most important.

idkkdi

HSC
Saying 6 hours by itself is very vague. Studying for long quantities of time doesn’t guarantee good marks. Within that 6 hours it depends on how you study, how effectively you study etc.
People could study for 6 hours a day on the weekend but even though it’s a long period of time, study technique is most important.
Actually, studying for long quantities of time does guarantee good marks regardless of how effective it is lol. At some point, you will just be able to concentrate longer naturally.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Actually, studying for long quantities of time does guarantee good marks regardless of how effective it is lol. At some point, you will just be able to concentrate longer naturally.
So doing the same or similar question over and over again is effective rather than visiting things you aren’t as confident with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)