#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

fridgmagnet

HSC
That sounds pretty dope though I can’t even use a daily calendar as it just doesn’t work for me so I already envy you
This is the first time I’m rlly using one and so far it’s helping me keep on track, although each day it seems I end up completing one less task than I hoped for , its so hard to stay focused now that we’re on holidays

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
no, threw this term a bit too hard. a tad bit overconfident lol. particularly with regard to maths and chem lmao. i should probably get on the grind fr.

YO SAME actually fked up ext 1 so bad, there was this long as hell 4 mark binomial proof in my exam and none of the cohort I think got it so they had to remove it from the paper lmao
but ext 2 I went pretty well in terms of ranks but a shitty raw mark, Chem was horrible though ;-;

idkkdi

HSC
YO SAME actually fked up ext 1 so bad, there was this long as hell 4 mark binomial proof in my exam and none of the cohort I think got it so they had to remove it from the paper lmao
but ext 2 I went pretty well in terms of ranks but a shitty raw mark, Chem was horrible though ;-;
my problem is dr du boosting (others) too hard for maths.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
This is the first time I’m rlly using one and so far it’s helping me keep on track, although each day it seems I end up completing one less task than I hoped for , its so hard to stay focused now that we’re on holidays
I’m not overly sociable outside of chatting forums like this or discord so I actually find that I’m more focused in the holidays with not having to deal with the pressure of being at school, that’s good though that you’re managing to stay on track

idkkdi

HSC
suggestion: buy a fridge and place your work in front of the fridge. :) ^^.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
my problem is dr du boosting (others) too hard for maths.
For me it was the math teachers which in every paper I had to do (3U, 4U, and 2U for some odd reason) they included like 2 or 3 questions which were just throw offs

idkkdi

HSC
For me it was the math teachers which in every paper I had to do (3U, 4U, and 2U for some odd reason) they included like 2 or 3 questions which were just throw offs
how throw offy? take the binomial for example.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
how throw offy? take the binomial for example.
The binomial q they included was a mixture of some question they found online probs, the enrichment section of the pascal triangle combinatorics identities section, and the general term

2U we were like misled cuz we got told that probability wasn’t gonna appear on the exam, then we got told only conditional probability was going to appear, we got to the actual exam and it was tree diagrams and nothing to do with conditional probability

4U we had a weird as hell last question which I thought was quite a throw off but looking at it now it was a half decent except for the last bit (this was a roots of unity q), and we also had a q where we had to differentiate a function and sub in a complex root to show it equals 0 which was the biggest waste of time cuz it was a cubic, and then we had to use that and the fact that it’s a double root to factor over the complex and the real

idkkdi

HSC
The binomial q they included was a mixture of some question they found online probs, the enrichment section of the pascal triangle combinatorics identities section, and the general term

2U we were like misled cuz we got told that probability wasn’t gonna appear on the exam, then we got told only conditional probability was going to appear, we got to the actual exam and it was tree diagrams and nothing to do with conditional probability

4U we had a weird as hell last question which I thought was quite a throw off but looking at it now it was a half decent except for the last bit (this was a roots of unity q), and we also had a q where we had to differentiate a function and sub in a complex root to show it equals 0 which was the biggest waste of time cuz it was a cubic, and then we had to use that and the fact that it’s a double root to factor over the complex and the real
show me the binomial and roots of unity q. were u given the step to differentiate the function?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
show me the binomial and roots of unity q. were u given the step to differentiate the function?
1609161451548.png
Saw a video after on a similar question to this and I regret it so much for not watching it as my understanding of roots of unity was crap at the time I was taking this exam ~ teacher didn't explain it too well.

Ye I was given the step to differentiate, but I for some reason forgot at the time about double roots and stuff so I wasted time trying to find sum and product of roots and didn't even end up getting the full question

idkkdi

HSC
View attachment 29801
Saw a video after on a similar question to this and I regret it so much for not watching it as my understanding of roots of unity was crap at the time I was taking this exam ~ teacher didn't explain it too well.

Ye I was given the step to differentiate, but I for some reason forgot at the time about double roots and stuff so I wasted time trying to find sum and product of roots and didn't even end up getting the full question
can i see the diff question, and can u try remember the combinatorics q/method?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
can i see the diff question, and can u try remember the combinatorics q/method?
1609161803766.png
This one should have been very easy in all due respects but time pressure got to me I think, just that first bit is a waste of time and was a good waste of 4 minutes for me

idkkdi

HSC
View attachment 29802
This one should have been very easy in all due respects but time pressure got to me I think, just that first bit is a waste of time and was a good waste of 4 minutes for me
lol is -1-2i also a double root.
View attachment 29801

what was the intended method for c)? prove the roots a,b => a+b, ab = the corresponding numbers and therefore are roots or another method?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
lol is -1-2i also a double root.

what was the intended method for c)? prove the roots a,b => a+b, ab = the corresponding numbers and therefore are roots or another method?
Yep -1-2i was also a double root (complex conjugate theorem), and therefore for part c you just had to sub them in to get (z-(-1-2i))^2 (z-(-1+2i))^2 and then expand out

idkkdi

HSC
Yep -1-2i was also a double root (complex conjugate theorem), and therefore for part c you just had to sub them in to get (z-(-1-2i))^2 (z-(-1+2i))^2 and then expand out
the other q part c lol

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
what did the vid do?
Wasn't the exact same question 1609162673481.png
Only difference really was part iii but I'm sure what had to be done there could have also been applied to iii in my exam
Here's the link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)