#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

Wizjaro

HSC
Also next year I’m doing English advanced, maths ext 1, physics, economics, business studies, Jap Continuers and Extension accel.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Also next year I’m doing English advanced, maths ext 1, physics, economics, business studies, Jap Continuers and Extension accel.
What is your favorite subject?

Wizjaro

HSC
Tbh it has to be maths by a long shot. It’s just so interesting haha.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh it has to be maths by a long shot. It’s just so interesting haha.
How are you finding the new syllabus for maths? Not too bad I hope with the lack of resources 😬

Wizjaro

HSC
Tbh I don’t really mind the lack of resources. At the end of the day if you know the whole syllabus then you know it. Yea resources are good for practicing and perfecting your techniques but as long as you understand the concepts well then it’s fine. I’ve also had a massive head start and so far I don’t find the yr 11 stuff too hard, but I’m a maths nerd so that’s probably why.

Wizjaro

HSC
I feel like the new syllabus is a lot more focused on understanding concepts than being able to regurgitate facts and I feel I would thrive better in the new syllabus tbh.

Wizjaro

HSC
Haha no. I find it sorta boring, even tho it’s probably my best science haha. But I’m picking based on whether I’ll enjoy it or not.

Wizjaro

HSC
yeh history is fun, but alotta people are telling to eventually drop one of them cause of the amount writing imma have to be doing in the hsc
Yea there are heaps of essays but if you enjoy it you shouldn’t drop it.

Wizjaro

HSC
yeh i probablt wont, but I'm just afraid of the whole idea of year 11
Aren’t we all though? But nonetheless there is no point in stressing yourself. Just be keen about a new Beginning lmao at least that’s how I see it.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh i probablt wont, but I'm just afraid of the whole idea of year 11
Aren’t we all though? But nonetheless there is no point in stressing yourself. Just be keen about a new Beginning lmao at least that’s how I see it.
Year 11 is in a way a 'free' year. Nothing amounts to anything in terms of marks because you'll start on a clean slate in year 12 anyway. Enjoy year 11, it's honestly the best year of high school but also work hard for it. Try out new ways of studying and figure out what works for you. If you get a bad mark, no worries it means nothing, all it means is just try again using a method of studying that will help you get a better mark such as doing more past papers and what not.

SpiderX1X

HSC
Haha no. I find it sorta boring, even tho it’s probably my best science haha. But I’m picking based on whether I’ll enjoy it or not.
wow cool.

Do you self study math or tutoring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)