• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

welcome session (1 Viewer)

*hopeful*

HSC
i went on wednesday 2 the session
wat a waste of time the lady wuz basically reading from the papers n book

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i thought the session was good, it made me understand some of the abbreviations, and what some of the things in the middle part of the book meant.

what were the 2nd year students doing there? actually, why were there so many students there that weren't first years?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
There were 2nd years? I sure wasn't there... and didn't know too many of my friends were around.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol, well there were a LOT of students. not just us first years, there were lots more, and i would love to know what they were doing

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh, that could be what it was. they were all in a building, which was airconditioned, and i think it had some red on it. and a walkway which had see through glass around it.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yes, summer school. All those people who wanted to get ahead (less during the semester) or keep up (because of failing units) :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, the majority are... i would've been there for the former reason, until i told my parents it costs twice as much.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

i couldnt be bothered. imo (and i havent been to uni obviously) its better to have a break, and do the work during the year, instead of working. failing on the other hand...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
you'd think that'd get people to study during the exam - the prospective of failing, but it doesn't.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ah so it's school all over again. oh well, they're the ones spending their holidays there.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i didn't go... did i miss anything important???

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they told you how to read the handbook, how to fill out the sheets they gave us, stuff like that. so if you already know how to do that stuff you didn't miss anything important.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
they told you how to read the handbook, how to fill out the sheets they gave us, stuff like that. so if you already know how to do that stuff you didn't miss anything important.
Actually i don't know... but I'll (try to) read the handbook and figure everything out.

Alena

HSC
The most helpful thing that came from that 1.5 h session then 0.5h waiting in queue to ask questions was being directed to the Eric room to get my subjects which were not listed in the handbook anyway. Never going to that place again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)