Welcome to the Faculty of Engg and Built Env (1 Viewer)

antiskool

hey guys, im thinking of doing chem eng, so if any people out there who are doing or did chem eng, can u voice your opinion of the course?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
kinda hard, not too bad if you do your work....but very good, lots of maths / physics. i recommend that you do it!

manta

cool.. well, I am just a bit worried coz I haven't actually taken physics for the HSC.... but I am doing Engineering Studies, Chem and 3 unit maths.... so I thought I'd at least know the basics from doing engineering already? otherwise I will just have to work my butt off to get it all sorted out!! ;)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, engineering studies will help HEAPS...i regret the fact that i didnt do it in HSC ( i wanted to but it didnt run ) the physics subject that i had to do this year was a fair bit easier than HSC physics, and i only went to about 60% of lectures and no tutotials and still managed 80. So if you have done no previous physics and you go to all the lectures, you will be right. 3 unit maths is a big advantage as well, i had a friend who only did 2 unit and he had to work his arse off in maths where as people who did 3/4u could afford to bludge a bit more.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
My friend does Civil @ UTS (1st Year) and he showed me what he does, it seems to be mostly Engineering Studies ...

manta

Originally posted by evilc
yeah, engineering studies will help HEAPS...i regret the fact that i didnt do it in HSC ( i wanted to but it didnt run ) the physics subject that i had to do this year was a fair bit easier than HSC physics, and i only went to about 60% of lectures and no tutotials and still managed 80. So if you have done no previous physics and you go to all the lectures, you will be right. 3 unit maths is a big advantage as well, i had a friend who only did 2 unit and he had to work his arse off in maths where as people who did 3/4u could afford to bludge a bit more.
Originally posted by McLake
My friend does Civil @ UTS (1st Year) and he showed me what he does, it seems to be mostly Engineering Studies ...
Hey thanx guys, I tried to reply earlier but BoS site wasn't working on my puta. plus studying for exams and everything... :) I'm pretty confident I should get into engineering coz exams went well, so thanx for the advice coz I was worried about the physics aspect.. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)