Well, I got my lowest test result ever. (3 Viewers)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
If the highest mark was 16, then how can the average be 53.33%? Unless there's something that I'm not seeing.
Wait. I screwed up. Okay... wow... I didn't expect the average to be lower than this... Looks like the average was a fail... Misread...

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
scaredytiger said:
no no, youre not. 16/33 is about 48.5%

=D gotta love topping general maths.
Where did the three extra marks come from?

Twickel said:
3/30 in Extension Math.

Lost marks because I did not write the testing bit for inequalities, stuffed up circle geo. Im coming last and the difference between me and the 2nd last guy is 10marks.

Better study.
16/30 * 100 = 53.333...%, so Aplus' calculation was correct. We know the highest mark, and the lowest mark, but that doesn't tell us anything about the average ...I think that's what Aerath was wondering about.

Alissia

HSC
omg i wish that i get something like that haha.. i full fail english all the time, i cant remember the last time i passed that. but im pretty good at gen. maths :D got 83% in my last exam :D

Twickel

HSC
Lol I got 4/20 in year 8 english my rank was around 140th at the end of last year it was 22nd.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Speaking of fluctuating marks, I came 147th (out of 180) in Half Yearly Geography last year. At the yearly, I duxed it - 1st (my first 1st ever). In the School Certificate, i got a Band 5 though. :(

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Speaking of fluctuating marks, I came 147th (out of 180) in Half Yearly Geography last year. At the yearly, I duxed it - 1st (my first 1st ever). In the School Certificate, i got a Band 5 though. :(
Sydney Boys...more competition. I'd be happy with that rank if I went to your school :rolleyes:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Lowest test result for me was 51% in Yearly Maths Exam in Year 9.

Dont worry bout it, keep your head down, study hard and you'll get through it. It sounds like it was a pretty hard exam considering what the top mark was.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Mark576 said:
Where did the three extra marks come from?

16/30 * 100 = 53.333...%, so Aplus' calculation was correct. We know the highest mark, and the lowest mark, but that doesn't tell us anything about the average ...I think that's what Aerath was wondering about.
Yeah thats what I thought, if we are only given the highest and lowest mark wouldnt we only be able to calculate the range??
We would need every score in the test to calculate the average unless my Year 10 maths has failed me.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Sydney Boys...more competition. I'd be happy with that rank if I went to your school :rolleyes:
No - that means nothing, because Geography means jack all. It was just the Half Yearly/Yearly exam that counted towards your mark, that's all. And maybe one assignment. And a class mark (basically, how much the teacher liked you).

Twickel said:
Is Brian Lau in your yeargroup, is he really smart?
Smart guy, usually comes Top 10 in the grade (overall), always tops Music, top 20 for English, Maths, Science, he topped Year 9 and 10 Commerce, topped PE once upon a time, amongst other things. Yeah, he's a smart cookie. :)

Felix Jones

HSC
dw, its probably exam pressure......lol.....jking study man !!!
dw i got my lowest result as well dis half yearly ( 44 %) in ext maths.....first time ive failed a subject..crap.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Mark576 said:
I was supposed to say the highest mark was 53 1/3%, but accidently typed average.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yeah as I said, don't worry about it. In the geography half yearly last year, I got 38% (surprise surprise? lol) in the exam. Now, I've changed so much and I'm performing really well. From 38% in that exam, I scored 88 (band 5) in the School Certificate. Thanks to that exam, I'm actually trying :) and getting in the 90's now with high ranks in the grade.

Just learn from it and do your best. I know how you feel.

calcie

HSC
haha, u think thats low...
try getting 3/20 for an english essay that u had prepared for 2 weeks in advance
coming last in standard english for alll of year 11 and only just staying above last this year

bored of sc

HSC
got a maths test back today - some people got 3 and 7 - out of 48!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)