Well just failed half yearlies pretty badly :( (1 Viewer)

MrTammoth

HSC
Well for half yearlies was i clearly not prepared and studied last minute. I know i failed the majority of my subjects especially physics and 3unit maths because they were both placed on the same day and i didn't have enough cramming time for both of those subjects the night before because there was too much to learn.
I had totally forgotten my syllabus and know nothing at all. I am on the edge of dropping out of school because this stress has taken me over board. I know it is my fault for not studying for these exams. All I'm worrying about is that am i too late to score an atar above 90 or 80 at least?

ATAR Achiever

HSC
Listen, everyone has stress on them during year 12. What matters most now, is catching up as best possible and putting in 100% effort from now on. I went to a motivational seminar last year and it was said "many good achievers have caught up in the last three months". What this says is that you have double that time, therefore twice the chance of reaching your goals! Move forward from here, it is NOT too late! We still have around six months till the HSC exams.
Most importantly, don't let this get you down, don't stay unmotivated any longer, and don't ever think that the result you get for the half yearlies will decide your HSC marks. Learn from your mistakes, don't make them again, and be encouraged! Get motivated fast, and stay that way. Wishing you all the best!

xGhanem

HSC
lol tell me about it I have chem and physics on the same day, this wednesday. :/

TheGreatWinston

HSC
Listen, everyone has stress on them during year 12. What matters most now, is catching up as best possible and putting in 100% effort from now on. I went to a motivational seminar last year and it was said "many good achievers have caught up in the last three months". What this says is that you have double that time, therefore twice the chance of reaching your goals! Move forward from here, it is NOT too late! We still have around six months till the HSC exams.
Most importantly, don't let this get you down, don't stay unmotivated any longer, and don't ever think that the result you get for the half yearlies will decide your HSC marks. Learn from your mistakes, don't make them again, and be encouraged! Get motivated fast, and stay that way. Wishing you all the best!
Good words of advice ATAR Achiever!! :)

MrTammoth

HSC
Pretty hard when you have bloody high scaling subjects and both of them are worth 30% internal. So dumb how maths ext is paired with Physics on the same fooking day

ATAR Achiever

HSC
Couldn't agree with you more! I've got two exams tomorrow as well. However there is time to pick up the pace, and I rekon you can still get that 80-90 atar if you put in lots of effort from now on. Good luck anyway!

Dachsy

HSC
N/A
It's all relative. Do you know what your ranks are? You might not have done that badly compared to the rest of your classmates. Even so, there are other assessments to make up for it. In the past I've jumped up quite a lot of ranks in some of my subjects due to the term 3 assessments and trials. So it's not too late. Just make sure you don't repeat the same mistake of not preparing. Don't forget that the HSC exams are worth 50% -- so if you didn't do as well throughout the year, scoring well in them can actually make a great difference.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Well for half yearlies was i clearly not prepared and studied last minute. I know i failed the majority of my subjects especially physics and 3unit maths because they were both placed on the same day and i didn't have enough cramming time for both of those subjects the night before because there was too much to learn.
I had totally forgotten my syllabus and know nothing at all. I am on the edge of dropping out of school because this stress has taken me over board. I know it is my fault for not studying for these exams. All I'm worrying about is that am i too late to score an atar above 90 or 80 at least?
I think you need to take a step back and work out your time management issues, as bolded. I think if you do work on those particular issues of having to resort to cramming, as opposed to gradual revision, you can find substantial improvements in your results. I know cramming does work for some people, but it is normally not advisable because there's so much content you need to retain, you're not going to be able to do it all in a night. Devise a strategy that targets your weaknesses, in this case, poor time management, and work from there to build towards getting results that can help you with getting an 90+ ATAR.

Use an ATAR calculator to see what HSC marks you need to score (roughly, they're not /too/ accurate because scaling changes yearly, but the patterns are roughly the same) and talk to your principal or whatever to see what ranks and marks you need internally that'll assist you in some shape or form with your external HSC exams.

Best of luck :)

Also remember to take a break and clear your head so you don't get too stressed. I hope things go well for you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)