• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

We're all going on a... SUMMER HOLIDAY! (Chatter thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille

HSC
I worked from 6.30 till 5 yesterday. :(

Never again. Stupid customers and post-Christmas sales. :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Malfoy said:
You too! I'll add that I hope everyone got some awesome presents - post them here! :D :D

(I'm so fucking bored, I can't wait for uni to start up again. Remind me again why the break is so long?)
I have to agree. I was sitting there at Christmas, after eating far too much food, and I realised that I want to go back to uni coz I'm sick of holidays lol 3.5 months is too much!

Thank God I'm doing summer school next week...as nerdy as that sounds. I go a bit crazy in the summer holidays. There's only so much u can work (without wanting to kill stupid customers), and there's only so much u can go out.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope :( no money atm. i have a 360 though. played the wii - it was soooo much fun!

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
After my play around with the timetable thingy

I concluded that my week might up looking something like:

uni on monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday

fridays fucking OFF

long weekend!!

but a hell of alot of fucking running around campus on thursdays.

the original sociology unit i wanted to do (SCLG2603 - sociology of health and illness) has the same lecture time and day as Sociological Theory (which is core) so i had to drop the fucking health one and pick up 'sociology of contemp media' CUNTS. I got a D @ UWS for psychology of health so the health one would have been good for me to do as i need to bring my gpa up :(

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm hoping to get-
Monday, tuesday, wednesday mornings (so I can be available to work in the afternoon)
A longish day on thursday (and I made it so that I'm free for theatresports).
Fridays off.

I've invented a lovely timetable for myself and I'm going to those classes whether the timetable people like it or not.

This is all provided UAC lets me transfer to primary ed (but my UAI was like 10 points higher than the cutoff, and my marks this year were fair, so I'm taking it a given). So I won't have to deal with people giving me that look when I say I'm an arts student.

A bunch of people here do education, rigght? What's the deal with these wednesday school visits? How does it work?

Skeeta

HSC
oh man my timetable is HORRID. Its 27 contact hours so far... WITHOUT MY CLINICAL DAYS!!!!!!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Sorry I've been away for about 2 weeks now from BOS--You can access timetables? And when and where do we get our diaries? I've just conveniently discovered that the 2006 diary runs out....today!

tennille

HSC
You can access the central timetable, not your personal timetable (which will be available during o week) . Basically, it just gives you the timetable for each individual subject. Everyone who posted up their timetable have prepared it themselves (like myself, the MasterChef :p). You can access it under Myuni --> Mystudy --> Login to timetable unit --> UOS timetabling. Then you just type in the UOS code, and it should give you all the lectures/labs/tutes, etc.

You can also access it through this link, which Stas posted up earlier: http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?siteMap=true

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Damn, I can't avoid five-day week, a hazard of doing a science degree (sigh).
Couldn't decide whether to do physiology or microbiology, but looks like doing microbiology will totally screw up the timetable, resulting in 5-day 8:00 start and 4-day 5:00+ end.
If the department would let me into advanced physiology UOS, probably would go for that, but if they don't I will bear with Microbiology.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Firstly dunno if WAM of 65 is SciWAM or the WAM over all the UOS, including electives from other faculties.
And they won't let you pre-enrol into advanced physiology straight away so I didn't pre-enrol for physiology at all. Not intending to do physiology at all if I do not do advanced.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
scarybunny said:
A bunch of people here do education, rigght? What's the deal with these wednesday school visits? How does it work?
For Primary Education, you visit a school every wednesday for a few hours (or maybe all day) and you observe. For the first few weeks you mainly just observe, but sometimes the teacher can ask you to help out, participate, etc. It helps you get use to being in a classroom environment.

What degree have u been doing?

Malfoy said:
School visits? Since when? For what subject/semester?

I'm in secondary education and I've not heard of such a thing.
Us Secondary kids don't do school visits til 3rd year where we do our full-on prac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)