What advice can year 12 pass on to year 11? (1 Viewer)

Abbeygale

HSC
- Don't take anyone's advice as gospel, particularly mine. Every person is different.

- Always read the past papers, and do the most recent ones before the midcourse. Some schools use past papers as midcourse and trial papers.

- Don't sit in class with someone you know will distract you. Right now I'm paying for the amount of time I spent messing around in English.

- Don't do too much these holidays. You'll get more benefit from starting the year fresh and relaxed than you will from being a smidgen ahead with your notes.

- The Notes from the Marking Centre are your friend.

- If you have any major works next year, consider taking time these holidays to write a realistic timetable for completing each section (ignore what teachers say, 'a first draft by the end of the summer holidays' is not really a realistic timetable, and only a few students will achieve that. Don't feel guilty if you don't.) Setting small goals makes it much easier.

sam_account

HSC
4hrs or more every school day AND
6hrs or more every weekend should be quite sufficent to get a very good uai like 96+ , but remember to take breaks, like maybe do more work on thurs, so u can relax on friday

the key to HSC success is CONSISTENCY and caning english..

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
My advice: if you don't have a religion, get one and pray for countless hours everyday instead of studying because it takes a miracle to get anything decent. If you've already got a religion, get another one. It won't hurt to have two god's on ur side. =P

3G'sMt5:16

HSC
Keyverbs =)

hmm... i got an advice [btw.. welcome to the student advice line] that'll help both you and me for my HSC and for your own HSC *laughs evily* lol:

OK here are the keyverbs that you have to know:

Appreciate: Make a judgement about the value of something/ action/ event.
Clarify: Make clear or plain or simple.
Classify: Arrange according to categories or classes.
Define: state meaning and identify essential qualities.
Destinguish: To note diff. and recognise the differences.
Evaluate: Make a judgement based on criteria... determin the value of
Extract: Choose relevent or appropriate details
Extrapolate: Infer from what is known.
Interpret: Draw meaning from.
Investigate: Plan, inquire into and draw conclusions about.. hmm
Justify: Support an argument or conclusion.
Predict: What may happen NEXT based on available information.
Propose: Put forward ideas, arguments, suggestions

ugh i give up ... lol

H.S.What?

HSC
dont worry about it too much, just go nuts in the next 12 months as these memories are priceless and just take it all as it comes

HSC
Start on any assignment regardless of how long it'll take you as soon as you get it

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
My advice:
The HSC is so overated
This year has been one of my best years
So many memories, good times etc

If your doing 2unit maths-drop it -thats the worst subject
I dropped bio-but sciences are just as bad for me
Ima a social science person :)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
goan_crazy said:
My advice:
The HSC is so overated
This year has been one of my best years
So many memories, good times etc

If your doing 2unit maths-drop it -thats the worst subject
I dropped bio-but sciences are just as bad for me
Ima a social science person :)
I agree with Joe- DROP MATHS !!! i decided to ask to drop it a few weeks ago and left it too late, now i still have to turn up to the 3hour exam. i refuse to study and i dnt care because it wont get counted in my ten units. But yes, drop maths. !!

Oh, and delete msn and alwayyys study where you wont get access to a computer with the net on it. Its called distractions.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Quote a great teacher at my school, the best advice I can give:

"Shit happens. Good Luck."

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
-don't burn yourself out, enjoy the summer holidays
-put in your all before every assessment (try to start cramming for assessments 2 weeks before)
-do maths homework (since it's the only subject you can't cram for)
-people say consistency is teh key, but if you're good, cramming can also be the key. Try to do both. Consistency + cramming before assessments, you're bound to succeed :D

arooshika...

HSC
petzl said:
Hey,
i have just finished year 11 and was wondering if there is any prep i should be doing for year 12 next term? I am currently reading the text 'Brave New World' for HSC english atm.

any other advice would be appreciated

Thanks for your help
if you want to fail then bludge...otherwise start studying now, you should not have any parties or anything....study everymoment

nah...joking, just dont overly stress in year 12 but if you are doing major works, start doing them now and many practice questions as possible especially for maths and if you are doing english, write as many essays as you can, also for drama and art

kate1109

Good luck to you - the new year 12

Just want to add additional emphasis on the fact you really do need to make time for your friends during your final year. Although it is your final year, and your HSC is your priority, the HSC does finish one day and you may be left wondering why you blocked certain people through the year, causing certain friendships to suffer.

Just knowing they are there, makes all the difference in the end.

HSC
mathematics sux? hmm.. never knew a^2+b^2 = (a+b)^2 - 2ab where a = alphaabd b =beta

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
don't do maths, I don't and I couldnt be happier...plus at least once a day someone will find out I don't do maths and say "OMG u are soooo lucky...omg u are so smart, I wish I didnt" :)

HSC
therefore if a^2+b^2 is = a^2+b^2 - 2ab

then : ROOT (a-b)^2 is

= a^2-2ab+b^2 is then
is also = a^2+b^2 - 2ab
therefore = a^2+b^2 - 2ab - 2ab
which therefore = a^2+b^2 - 4ab

CHEERS =) mths is fun

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just prepare well for in school assessments- they should correlate to what's in the real HSC, and for most subjects- knowing your syllabus is essential.

Watsername

HSC
I think the most important thing for year 12 is to have confidence in yourself. If you have confidence in your work you will really go far :) I did'nthave any confidence in myself for prettymuch the whole yr (not sure if I do now) but I know that all the people who top have had confidence that they can do it. I used to be the bottom of maths but I just thought to myself, I can do this and by the trials I was doing really really well and had improved like 20 ranks...so yeah:
HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)