• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are my chances? (1 Viewer)

MailMofo

HSC
I've currently accepted an offer of B.Computer Science but have changed my mind and want to pursue a degree in B.Science.

Anyway, according to UAC, there are vacancies for B.Science, so to get to the chase, what would be my chance of being accepted into the degree in the February second round offers?

I'm almost 5 points above the requested ATAR for B.Science, would this give me any preference?

Epic

HSC
Seeing as you are 5 points over and it's UoN, I'd say you have a very good chance.

MailMofo

HSC
Thanks for the reply epic, was vaguely re-assuring :)

Can anybody give me some more information about the second round process?

I'm guessing its mainly reserved for people who have changed their minds on what degree that want to pursue, seeing as all those who had it as their first preference would have already been offered it....

rx34

HSC
See if you can get an irregular offer

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I agree - you have a very good chance of getting in.

runnable

HSC
From my post in another thread.

Usually there will be offers in Late Round. I regretted my Main Round preferences too and had to change it for Late Round and did get it eventually. With a competitive ATAR like yours, you may have quite a decent chance. I believe you can find a pdf document with previous years' Late Round Cut-Offs.

P.S Here it is...
http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/uai/co09_late.pdf

U2Angel

Sparks of light
HSC
My brother is in a similar situation to you (he received an offer for B. Science and wants an Engineering offer in the next round). When he rang the uni they suggested that if he doesn't get an offer in the later rounds that he could possibly obtain an Internal Program Transfer as a commencing student for semester 1. It isn't guarenteed but it is a back-up option if needed.

Internal Program Transfer Procedure / Policy Library / The University of Newcastle, Australia

MailMofo

HSC
My brother is in a similar situation to you (he received an offer for B. Science and wants an Engineering offer in the next round). When he rang the uni they suggested that if he doesn't get an offer in the later rounds that he could possibly obtain an Internal Program Transfer as a commencing student for semester 1. It isn't guarenteed but it is a back-up option if needed.

Internal Program Transfer Procedure / Policy Library / The University of Newcastle, Australia

Thanks, i will keep this in mind if i don't get my offer in the Feb rounds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)