What are people creating for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
im working on a textbased RPG. think ill upload it onto BOS once were done and i can guarantee its not gonna get plagarised by anyone who knows how to change a few captions.

so far weve had this term to do most of the theory section which we handed in and were waiting on our marks.

ive done probably probably 75% of the coding already with one out of the ~15 forms having some 500 lines of code and still a little more to add in. so during these holidays ill just spend all my time studying and working on a bit of the artwork were gonna be adding in.

finally an assignment i feel like i can own the whole class at. everyone else in my class has been doing some simple database stuff and saying weve put in too much time into this project but its actually kind of fun to create.

blah, comp got reformatted and ill have to go "obtain" another copy of VB now.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
I just handed mine in today. Was going to make a Touch Type Tutor but then decided to do it pair-based, and my friend suggested we make a UAI calculator.

And now it's done.

danchurchill

HSC

I'm making artificial intelligence for my major.
the pink thing will change it's path to avoid the ball(s) on the screen.
it's very hard and can avoid any number of objects on the screen, although, for my major submission it will only have to avoid 1, but can avoid as many as the memory of the computer can hold (or at least try. lol)

Deathb4life, 15 forms and only 500 lines of code? you could probably recycle your forms or use modules if you know how to cut that down.
15 forms seems a bit excessive, lol.
ive got 3 forms, 4 modules and a class module.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
I've completely given up working on my game. I know software is my worst subject, so no point wasting more time on it :p

JBakaka

HSC
i handed my project in a while ago now (term 2 i think).
i made an RPG in VB6 - its hardly what you call a proper game, although i did manage my guy to animate properly using sprites from a really old game.
nothing fancy/3d like all you guys are thinking of doing/have done although its still an ok game

to lvlark - i could have helped you with the animation part, cos i pretty much learnt to do basic animation using vb (transparent backgrounds too) but i guess its too late now. btw you use the BitBlt or TransparentBlt APIs for that
well good luck to 07 sdd'rs

JBakaka

HSC
i handed my project in a while ago now (term 2 i think).
i made an RPG in VB6 - its hardly what you call a proper game, although i did manage my guy to animate properly using sprites from a really old game.
nothing fancy/3d like all you guys are thinking of doing/have done although its still an ok game

to lvlark - i could have helped you with the animation part, cos i pretty much learnt to do basic animation using vb (transparent backgrounds too) but i guess its too late now. btw you use the BitBlt or TransparentBlt APIs for that
well good luck to 07 sdd'rs

just ask if you want to know how i did it but i dont suppose most of you guys want it considering you can do 3d stuff

dbevis

HSC
I'm making a world of warcraft warrior dps calculator, basically will just be a series of databases and then lots of forumla that change the items and talent build you have selected into a hypothetical maximum dps for you character.

Gecko

HSC
I wrote a system based on Linux/PHP/Perl to run a Jukebox that I built. Handed that in a few weeks ago now.... hopefully our teacher has it marked by the time we go back to school....

petro283

USYD '10
HSC
I'm doing a fitness / workout planner.

Basically what it does it handle your desired workouts and can predict results. I'm also adding the funtionality of having a results page where you can track your progress to see how much of an improvement you have made.

However, unlike year 11 the documentation behind it is weighted more than the actual program. I started a process diary from day 1, and its now over 100 pages long, so that is helping me create all my documentation as well as following the development cycle.

Mine is due mid-August, when is everyone else's due?

Sooj

HSC
A riddle game.

I/P/O, and external file use. Bla bla bla, an hour's work made to look flashy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)