What are people's timetables like? (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

:D Well I'm very happy with how my timetable turned out! After going through the stress of fixing a timetable clash and changing a subject, that is. I have Mondays and Fridays off, Tuesday I have four lectures but a three hour break halfway through, Wednesday is my killer day with two lectures and a tute, an hour break then a tute and lecture and Thursday I have a tute, an hour long break and then a tute and a lecture. My earliest lectures start at ten, so I'll get to sleep in a bit :) How did everyone else's timetables turn out?

Littlelease

I like my timetable..... well more so then my high school time table.

I don't have any days off though...... :) but yeh i like the spread of classes, it will force me to do more work !

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha mine ok, no days off..(damn i wanted friday) but im not uni after 4 so thats good, no starts before 10, so meh coulda been worse

unfortunatly i clash terribly with my bfs timetable..stupid mac..haha its all theer fault!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Mine is quite good;

Monday;2-5pm (ENGL 1015 Lecture, 1-hour break, HSTY 1045 Tutorial)
Tuesday;12-5 (PHIL 1010 Tutorial, 1-hour break, HSTY 1025 Tutorial, PHIL 1010 Lecture, HSTY 1045 Lecture)
Wednesday-11-7:15 (HSTY 1025 Lecture, 1-hour break, HSTY 1045 Lecture, HSTY 1025 Lecture, 195-minute break, ENGL 1015 Lecture)
Thursday-2-4 (ENGL 1015 Tutorial, PHIL 1010 Lecture)

Only real problem is that with transport, I'm having to add 90-120 minutes on each side of each day, making the Wednesday (for instance) closer to 9-9. Ouch.

Canoodle

Loves it
HSC
10 - 5pm on mondays
11- 5pm on tuesdays
and 1hr on thurs....

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by shelley

unfortunatly i clash terribly with my bfs timetable..stupid mac..haha its all theer fault!
Aww babe. Hehe, it could be worse I guess (tho I'm struggling to think of a worse clash). At least we have thursday late arvo/evenings..

Hrmm...I wonder if there are other couples on BOS. Hahah.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Hey Gregor, we're in the same philosophy class! What do you think of the lecturer and subject so far?
I'm finding the subject to be quite good so far. Picked up some nice Hegel quotes, (I particularly like Philosophy is its age expressed in thought) the lectures have been decent, and as a whole, its raising mental questions.

So far, the course has been quite good. The lectures have been decent, and I've picked up some nice Hegel quotes through them (Particularly Philosophy is its age expressed in thought).. The subject is already raising mental questions, which is always swell.

Funnily enough, I was ten minutes late for yesterday's lecture, but didn't really seem to miss much.

I've actually been nerdy enough to read through (and annotate) most of my Course Reader.. :)

What are your thoughts on the subject so far? Should arrange to meet up, or something similar.

malayz_angel

*sigh* well i haven't been enjoying philosophy as much as I'd hoped I would, but perhaps thats my fault for not completing the required reading, let alone the extended!

The philosophers themselves are quite interesting, particularly the last three and I found some of their theories quite thought provoking. All in all, hoping to find time to finish the reading and hopefully come to find philosophy more interesting :)

Meeting up sounds good. I'm thinking of skipping Tuesday's (April 6th) lecture so that I can attend the event that the Russelian Philosophy society is organising...apparently some guest speaker is going to talk about the Matrix in relation to philosophy? My mentor's told me that he's heard the guy speak before and that he's apparently very good. Are you planning on attending that?

veg

you people and you're good timetables...

whoa.. malayz angel... why you doin arts with such a good uai?

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
haha that's funny hey
I told this chick I was transferring into Arts as soon as humanly (or ... institutionally) possible and she was like 'what a complete waste of yr uai'

cayte

Just out of interest, if you don't mind my asking, what were they? The uai's I mean. I know you're not sposed to talk about it after about february of the year after you finish, but 90+ers tend not to mind too much...

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
end of semester. because I'm doing liberal studies it's policy that I can transfer into either BA or BS at any semester; just have to write the faculty/dean a letter, three or so weeks before end of semester.

malayz_angel

Well to answer ur question veg, I was hoping for arts/law (required UAI: 99.6) so arts was the next best thing. I did get into other courses such as media/comm at NSW and business at UTS, but I figured arts at Sydney was the first step towards my dream :) And I'm not regretting it yet.

classics_chic

HSC
yuk yuk yuk

Monday 11-7
Tuesday 12-4
Wednesday 10-7 *cries*
Thursday 11-1 (two hours and I have to come all that way!!!)

At least I get Friday off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)