What are some alternatives to mindlessly scrolling through social media?? (1 Viewer)

nuvardex

HSC
I, like many others, have a problem: I often find myself endlessly scrolling through TikTok or Instagram looking at meaningless content. I don’t learn anything. I scroll because I don’t know what else to do.

Does anyone have a list of things I could do (besides study. literally all i do besides this social media crap) where I might be able to learn new skills or perform tasks which make me happier? I’ve seen a couple of apps where you can learn ‘stuff’ that you’re interested in. If anyone has a few to recommend I’d greatly appreciate it!

sab13562

HSC
I, like many others, have a problem: I often find myself endlessly scrolling through TikTok or Instagram looking at meaningless content. I don’t learn anything. I scroll because I don’t know what else to do.

Does anyone have a list of things I could do (besides study. literally all i do besides this social media crap) where I might be able to learn new skills or perform tasks which make me happier? I’ve seen a couple of apps where you can learn ‘stuff’ that you’re interested in. If anyone has a few to recommend I’d greatly appreciate it!
You could...
Try to learn a language (using duolingo app)​
Learn how to use an instrument (I bought myself a keyboard and watch YouTube tutorials on my favourite songs. It's quite satisfying when you hear yourself improve and play good.)​
Delete those apps so you aren't inclined to use them and waste time. They can be quite addicting as you've mentioned.​
Start learning a sport such as martial arts, soccer, netball.​
Go out to your local library and spend your time reading books either at the library or at home​
Go bike riding every day or two if you know how to ride a bike, if not, you can always learn, it's not too hard. Or you can just go out for a jog/walk (I go cycling every now and then and reward myself with a hot chocolate at the end, either from Coles petrol station or 7 11)​
Hang out with family/friends. Either visit each other and have a nice chat, or go out and visit a Cafe or an arcade or a nice park or go walking together.​
Hope this helps!​

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I agree with sab13562’s suggestions.
Exercise is very good for the circulation - it promotes peripheral vasodilation and you’re likely to feel more mentally alert, noting that you are studying for your HSC exams this year.

C123456789L

HSC

maybe don't do that? thats a good alternative surely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)