What are the basic things needed to know before doing a topic test on evolution? (1 Viewer)

i-hate-engrish

HSC
i remember when i was doing my year 10 topic test on evolution the main things i needed to know were the theories by Darwin and Lamarck... and the steps they proposed for each one.

so with Darwin's theory there was the change in the environment and natural selection based on which organisms were best suited to the new environment, so the change happened over successive generations. and with Lamarck's theory there was the change, but the organism 'aquired' the new characteristic within the one generation.

other than those theories i would basically make sure you know the correct terminology and revise the stuff in your exercise and textbooks.

Orahh

HSC
N/A
i remember when i was doing my year 10 topic test on evolution the main things i needed to know were the theories by Darwin and Lamarck... and the steps they proposed for each one.

so with Darwin's theory there was the change in the environment and natural selection based on which organisms were best suited to the new environment, so the change happened over successive generations. and with Lamarck's theory there was the change, but the organism 'aquired' the new characteristic within the one generation.

other than those theories i would basically make sure you know the correct terminology and revise the stuff in your exercise and textbooks.

Lukybear

HSC
I would purpose that you get a copy of the syllabus and follow it strictly, I usually make notes, and you should incoporate the notes teacher give you in, incase if any extra stuff was tested.

It would deeply depend upon the level your studying at, say in yr 12, you would probably know about the punkedd model of evoltion etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)