• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what are the big 4? or the big 3? - meh how many are there? (1 Viewer)

Smorter

HSC
Hi everyone,

jon0_o said:
Arthur Andersen got closed down after they screwed up Enron and HIH, couldn't have been Worldcomm as well.
lol I really liked Andersen so I feel I have to defend it.
Andersen still exists as a firm, though it only has a handful of people working for it, mostly lawyers. The only issue with Andersen is that it can no longer audit companies in the United States. Other than that it can do whatever it wants...Tax, Advisory, Audit outside of the U.S....though it most likely won't given its tarnished name and the fact that its been deserted by pretty much every partner and client it has.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just had to bump this thread after reading your post smorter...

Smorter said:
lol I really liked Andersen so I feel I have to defend it.
Andersen still exists as a firm, though it only has a handful of people working for it, mostly lawyers. The only issue with Andersen is that it can no longer audit companies in the United States. Other than that it can do whatever it wants...Tax, Advisory, Audit outside of the U.S....though it most likely won't given its tarnished name and the fact that its been deserted by pretty much every partner and client it has.
So... what's your connection to Anderson? I mean, they still exist in a way... the people still live on, many of them still working together at EY or KM... What you said is true though; it's all because of the tarnished name.

j2i2z

HSC
jon0_o said:
the big 4 are the 4 biggest 'financial services' (mainly accounting) companies in the world, it could be useful cos they're huge TNC's with globalisation stuff. And they're all a mixture of companies that hae merged together to get bigger and Arthur Andersen got closed down after they screwed up Enron and HIH, couldn't have been Worldcomm as well.
I see you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)