What are the consequences of enroling later rather than earlier? (1 Viewer)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
For example, would the spaces to the classes fill up, such that you won't be able to get in?

HSC
oh dear, i certainly hope not

as far as i know, it will diminish your chances in getting the timetable you most prefer, seeing as you may be left with bad time slots that no one wants

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
can people specify what uni they're going to when they ask these types of question? the enrolment processes differ substantially from uni to uni so it's hard to help out unless we get more details.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Im going to UNSW. I assume its similar for all unis?

fetiche

HSC
I thought once you accept, you're guaranteed a spot in classes.

However the popular class times may be booked out already so you have to go with whats left.

Correct me if I am wrong :)

purplemonkey

HSC
You are guarenteed a spot in classes if you're doind a course with a set program, but you may get shitty times for tutes if you leave enrolment too late.

For stuff like Arts, where you can pick a few electives, popular ones fill quickly so you'd be best to check out the handbook sooner rather than later.

Blobulator

HSC
Not necessarily. At ANU, you can't do first-year enrolments online - they have set down dates for people to turn up and enrol on campus.
This is the same for UTS right? The whole process is confusing me a little... But as far as I can *tell* I can't pick any timetable stuff until the in-person on-the-day enrollment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)