What are the consequences or effects of the Battle of Britain? (1 Viewer)

Marundanation

HSC
Hello,

We were given a essay research task that simply asks us about The Battle of Britain as a major turning point and how accurate is this statement.
The obvious points I want to use are:
-This marks Germany's first defeat.
-This made Hitler look elsewhere (Russia)
-Allows Britain (and allies) to recover and attack back (D-Day)
-Give time for the allies to reorganise (D-Day)
-A waste of time and resources for Germany.

There is one point we discussed in class, that it made Britain woke-up and increased the protection of their/ally shipment which gave Germany a hard time to starve Britain. But I couldn't really find any evidence of this in the web.

Now, because we only have a 1000 word limit. I would only want to write about 3 main points. Which ones would you recommend and why? if you have better points, please share!

Thanks.

EDIT: Also I do agree that it is a significant turning point, therefore it is fairly accurate. But there are other factors/turning points.

enoilgam

HSC
This is a tricky essay, but I would set it out like this:

Intro: It marked a key turning point, but other events were most significant
Para One: The failure to eliminate Britain meant that Hitler was forced to fight a two front war which had key strategic implications later in the war.
Para Two: Germany lost experienced pilots and aircraft, which hurt their ability to repel Allied bombing which ravished the country.
Para Three: Discuss other turning points and discuss why they were more significant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)