What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
i am about to read the entire bible. new and old testaments. (i'm not christian i just want to learn about their religion from the source). wish me luck.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Just finished Going Postal by Terry Pratchett and Tailchaser's song by Tad Williams, now i have to choose between Palace by Katherine Kerr, Liveship traders by Robin Hobb and Memory of Thorn and Shadow by Tad Williams

BlackDragon

HSC
BlackDragon said:
i am about to read the entire bible. new and old testaments. (i'm not christian i just want to learn about their religion from the source). wish me luck.
i gave up that adventure a few pages in. :)

i'm going to read hp and the order of the phoenix again. :D

Lainee

HSC
In the last week I finished reading:
* The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
* Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez (re-read)
* Almost French - Sarah Turnbull

Halfway through:
* The Bride Stripped Bare (re-read)

And planning to start these soon:
* Good Frog Hunting - Laurie Graff (hey, everyone needs some trashy reads)
* The Lonely Bones - Alice Seabold

Rinni

HSC
I'm about to start reading The Wildflowers by VC Andrews, It's a series of 4 books all in one, hoping it's good *fingers crossed*
I also want to read On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta but it's all booked out at the library and I don't really have $25 to spend on a book atm

Rinni

HSC
BlackDragon said:
Just saw that one. I tried that once as well BlackDragon, however I am a christian, when I was about 12 I think. I don't think I even got through Genesis lol

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Read the Hobb! :D

I just finished Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice and I'm about to start Royal Assassin
Oh, I love the Hobb, i'm just not in the mood for taking on any long intimidating series right now. Plus I found that Palace by Katherine Kerr is dedicated to Tad Williams, who i must say is even better than the Hobb, so I went with that instead :p

the leader

HSC
As I am currently having a Kafka craze, I just finished The Metamorphosis yesterday.

Its very cool; Gregor wakes up as a man-sized bug, it follows his struggle with his 'condition' in his family's home. I think its a good little piece about isolation and discrimination, and it made me feel a bit guilty for squashing all those bugs over the years.

I do recommend it :)

goodsirclose

HSC
I m reading Grass for his pillow by Lian Hearn, about to finish. I cant put it down!!!It is DAMN good~~~~~~~!!!!!!! as good as the first book, even though i read the first one last year. What a shame i didnt continue last year! Just got the Brilliance of the moon from the library today, but friends told me it's not as good as the first two books, well, hope it wont ruin the whole series for me. Gona read The Harsh Cry of the Heron after that. Wow~~
hmmm, anyone read the forth book?? did Takeo die at the end?????

Last edited:

volta

HSC
BlackDragon said:
I tried the same thing a couple of years ago, instead of the Bible the holy book I choose was the Koran. Didn't get through it either.

Right now I am reading Shame by Salman Rushdie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)