What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
the leader said:
rereading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, until I can get a new book from somewhere...
Whenever I go to Borders, I always pick that same book up. I just haven't the heart (or time) to read something so thick. Will read someday though.

I heard the original Russian version is actually very different to the translated one.

the leader

HSC
m0ofin said:
Whenever I go to Borders, I always pick that same book up. I just haven't the heart (or time) to read something so thick. Will read someday though.

I heard the original Russian version is actually very different to the translated one.
It's really good - haven't heard about the translation thing though (perhaps we'll just have to learn Russian and find out for ourselves). I've got the Pengiun Classics one, its says something about 'the definitive translation' on the back I think; but then again they would all say that eh

HSC
Been reading alot of poems & books about the lives of:

-Sylvia Plath-her poems & journals are really good, especially "daddy"
-Edmund Spenser
-Allen Ginsberg

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Sara Douglass- Darkwitch Rising (The Troy Game book 3) Love it so far, lots of cool twists etc.

petraawad

HSC
the leader said:
The Death of Ivan Ilyich - Leo Tolstoy
Tolstoy is the greatest non western author in the history of psychology :) anna karenina is my favourite meganovel

currently reading Les Miserables by Victor Hugo whenever i get a chance to inbetween assessments, exams, and social life. very good read, some heavy parts that you might want to skip (such as indepth explanation of the battle of waterloo) but overall its excellent. i want to finish the book before i watch the musical .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)