What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

Snoozy_student8

HSC
i'm reading

'E is for Evidence' by Sue Grafton (fiction)

'A little history of the world' by E. H. Gombrich (non-fiction)

Season

HSC
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo

and don't let the cutesy disney version fool you into thinking this is a nice uplifting story about looking beyond outside appearances this book is all about using people and how evil the world was before the renaissance.

Plus Victor Hugo likes to insert essays into his books, omg he is the worst rambler in history, I swear he's just showing off his knowledge and because they thought he was genius, he got away with it

Apart from that its an excellent book

Solitaire

HSC
Hey guys, well atm, im reading a novel called 'The blood of angels', its by Michael Marshall Smith, it cames highly recommended. All his stuff does, its funny and weired... great for any yr 12 student whoes in need of some inspiration. But if u are to read his stuff, definatly start with his shaort stories collection called 'What You Make It'. IT'S AWSOME!

kloudsurfer

HSC
Phillip Pullmans His Dark Materials trilogy.

Its been one of my favourite books since I was younger, and it just gets richer and richer every time you read it. It works on so many levels, as a kid i just read it for the really cool story, but reading it again now I realise it is a lot deeper and more multilayered.

They are making a movie out of it, its coming out late this year. I just hope they dont screw it up....

J

jhakka

jhakka said:
Temple by Matthew Reilly.

Always a good author to fall back on when you're out of new stuff to read.
Continuing with this one until Weatherwitch is released next week. First chance to use my staff discount. Woo.

rosiemorrison

HSC
at the moment i am reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. i loveeee it so far!
also reading the devil wears prada which is also wonderful!
and harry potter and the chamber of secrets. quite possibly the best trilogy ever written!!

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: What are you currently Reading?

:) I have just finish reading a book called "Slave" :) :) :) . It was an awesome book about a true story of a girl in Sudan who was caught by raids and sold to the Arabs . She became a slave for 10 years ! She was beaten and made to work under poor conditions and did not get paid !I felt pity for the girl and realize how lucky I am!!The girl has just escape in 2000! I can't believe there is still slavery happening in these days! But the book sort of reveals the darkness of the world!! Highly recommand this book to everyone !!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Philip Pullman's Northern Light. I've been meaning to get my hands on His Dark Materials for ages; now that I have the time to do so, I am.

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Philip Pullman's Northern Light. I've been meaning to get my hands on His Dark Materials for ages; now that I have the time to do so, I am.
They are making a movie! Details in th Phillip pullman thread!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
They are making a movie! Details in th Phillip pullman thread!
I know. Daniel Craig is Lord Asriel, Nicole Kidman Mrs Coulter and Eva Green is someone I haven't met yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)