What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

HSC
haha, all the discworld novels are fabulous! Half of ours are falling appart because my sisters and i have read them so often!

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
ahhh,i am reading overclocking PC ebook. It is great but my motherboards eats shit..so not helping.

~untitled~

HSC
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley... Haha, for like the millionth time, related text for journeys... But its quite an awesome book, i love the language. Cant wait till the HSC finishes, and i am reading Shakespeares complete works, they are sitting on my bedside table ready!

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
~untitled~ said:
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley... Haha, for like the millionth time, related text for journeys... But its quite an awesome book, i love the language. Cant wait till the HSC finishes, and i am reading Shakespeares complete works, they are sitting on my bedside table ready!
my mother would wish i was like u, why oh why don't i like shakespeare?

lexonfire

HSC
the art of travel by alain de botton!

great book about why we travel, why we expect certain things, what we wanna get out of traveling, etc. etc. no, seriously, it's pretty funny and perceptive. it's juuuust the type of book i like to get into when the hsc is digging me a hole i wanna get out of =)

weeeeeee

Lethargic

HSC
George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four,

This is the second time I've read this and it has to be one of the most frightening descriptions of leadership gone wrong that I've ever encountered. This time im reading it for Eng Ext 2 major work, with the help of an anudio book.... oh so helpful and fast!

Teddy Lee

HSC
alain de botton is really good! read 'consolations of philosophy' - that's heaps funny and insightful and strangely comforting.

I'm reading a collection of agatha christie short stories atm :)

cuppy

HSC
N/A
just finished rereading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince :)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
cuppy said:
just finished rereading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince :)
Heh, same. I couldn't remember what happened in it so figured I'd better read it before the new one comes out.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Fish Sauce said:
Heh, same. I couldn't remember what happened in it so figured I'd better read it before the new one comes out.
lol, me too, im still upto chapter 5 (An Excess of Phlegm), i just started this morning :D

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Man, Economy and State by Murray Rothbard.

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
MaNiElla said:
lol, me too, im still upto chapter 5 (An Excess of Phlegm), i just started this morning :D
LOL i didn't re-read the half blood prince i just asked my little siter what happened because she remembers everything she reads.:)
I am Currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :) (up to about chapter 10 i think) by JK Rowling and also reading Tim Winton's Cloudstreet for Engish which we are sruding in class for HSC:wave: :wave: :) :rofl:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I finished reading Deathly Hallows on Monday. I bled my eyes out doing so because of several reasons:

- I started uni on Tuesday and didn't want people blaring out spoilers
- My brother wanted to read the book as well
- My brother started school that day so I needed to finish it before he came home just in case someone had blared spoilers to him and being the little brat he is he would've told me and ruined it all

None of which eventuated, and I regret reading so fast. But I'm proud of myself for just reading the book from cover to cover and resisting the temptation (countless times) of just flipping to the end. Chances are, I probably wouldn't have understood the ending anyway because the epilogue doesn't give away who the major deaths were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)