What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

jet

Banned
HSC
The Sound of One Hand Clapping - Richard Flanagan. Bored after chapter 7, but I have to read it as Related Material.

The Lieutenant by Kate Grenville was excellent, however.

I have a pile of about 25 books waiting for me until after the hsc. Can't wait to get stuck into them.

Tangent

HSC
Wuthering heights...its slowly doing my head in

One of my teachers were talking about opium, and how they used to use it quite a lot....dunno whether this is true for emily bronte, but it seems like it

klaris

HSC
Finished My 16th Summer in about one day and since I've been slowly savouring re-reading The Hours by Michael Cunningham. First time I read it was about 6 months ago and I was like pft but now I see all the connections and its really good.

Oh and Tangent I know Wuthering Heights can be a bit hard and frustrating and dry and every other word for BORING but if you stick with it the book gets better. It also doesn't help that it's non-linear. I've only read the book once and it was so frustrating I think the next and last time I'll pick it up will be for HSC English.

HSC
I got about 150 pages into Persuasion before giving up. Austen is irreparably dull. Now reading White Noise by Don DeLillo which is so far extremely good.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
first few chapters, i actually couldnt put it down til i realised i have 2 essays due this week.

have you read any of his other stuff? the feel of it is quite similiar to some of his other works but it's definitely better than many of them so far. The Turning is probs still my fave though
i've read cloudstreet and dirt music and i enjoyed them both, i haven't read the turning, i have a pile of books and i've been reading rather slowly of late, its been strange.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Just finised the new dan brown book

now trolling the net working out which poor innocent author he stole the idea from this time, empathasis on the word poor

UNSW !!
HSC
Absolutely loving The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
These are all the ones I'm reading ATM.

Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer: I'll be glad to get the series over and done with. Has not been worth my time.

Surrealism: Patrick Waldberg: Book on the surrealist movement. Really interesting

Marat/Sade - Peter Weiss: Text for uni. Post-Brechtian play with 'theatre of cruelty' influences

Brecht - Meg Mumford: Core text for uni

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley: Not far enough in to make a judgement

The Bible - Anon: Slowly getting through it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)