What are you doing to get ready for year 12/Hsc (1 Viewer)

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
So , after reading. I see many people know what they are doing/or know what there talking about. Im the opposite to that. I had 1 year holiday , and i didnt bother to read/learn etc, underestimated everything tbh and was lazy. (And for those wondering why i had 1 year , its because i came from a overseas system , like the American one. So i meant to be in year 12 at age 16 but im in year 11 so yep) Anyways thats not the point.

I was wondering what some of you people are doing to get ready for year 12.

What im doing is , collecting/buying usefull texts/notes etc.
What i want to do is , finish a HSC syallbus of any subject before year 12 starts, but i do not think that will happen (sadly)

What ive been adviced to do ,
  • Read alot of books for (english) also to learn to decode text , or what is the word for it lol :(.
  • For maths , to finish the syallbus/topic before actually going into class , that way if youve actaully missed something , you can pick it up in the explanation.
  • Chemistry / Biology/ i dont know
My main fear is English tbh, i take standard , and i do not know how i can get into Advanced. The english advanced teacher , is said to have anger problems. So im confused atm.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You should not try to accelerate on your own. It may seem hypocritical since I accelerate myself. That is because my school has a particular program that encourages me to do so. I would never accelerate on my own if there is no program at your school that promotes you to do so.

You should not be obsessed with getting prepared for HSC. All you need to do is to make sure your Preliminary contents are well-memorised & learnt. Preliminary contents are all the necessary preparations for HSC.

However, I should say that I am highly impressed with the works being done & prepared by you. Acceleration is not necessary, it is just helpful sometimes. :D :D

I am impressed with your program in regards to Mathematics. It is great that you know what you must do. For science subjcets, you should focus on syllabuses. They outline all the necessary points that you need to be familiar with. For English, write few essays, memorise some vocabulary and read a lot of novels & conversational texts.

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I dont think you should be trying so hard to learn HSC topics in year 11. You have to realise that year 11 work is assumed knowledge for the HSC course, so it would be better for you to spend your time learning prelim work so that you have a good basis for your HSC work. In year 12 (or at least at my school) teachers do not spend time going over prelim work when something similar comes up in the year 12 syllabus, so it is important that you are confident in your knowledge of the prelim syllabi.

You say you are most worried about English, so focus your attention on it. The best thing that you can do this year is master your essay writing skills. Being able to structure an english essay is possibly the most beneficial thing you can do for english now, because then you will be competant in it inyear 12. Whenever you have to write an essay for homework put effort into it, and when you get feedback from your teacher, fix up all the things that are wrong, and hand it in again. Being able to write an essay has improved my english rank from between 10-20/about 60 in year 10 to 5/about 40 in year 11 to 1/about 40 in year 12.

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
No reason tbh ,i just see you as a frequent poster , i thought you , for that matter might be studying for hsc from now lol :read:

foram said:
He proberbly thinks SBH people are super-nerds. :D
Not really , when i came from overseas , i appllied for North Sydney Boys High (if thats his school) , i made it, but i didnt go , 1) Too far 2) Had enough of one type of gender schools. :)

midifile said:
I dont think you should be trying so hard to learn HSC topics in year 11. You have to realise that year 11 work is assumed knowledge for the HSC course, so it would be better for you to spend your time learning prelim work so that you have a good basis for your HSC work. In year 12 (or at least at my school) teachers do not spend time going over prelim work when something similar comes up in the year 12 syllabus, so it is important that you are confident in your knowledge of the prelim syllabi.

You say you are most worried about English, so focus your attention on it. The best thing that you can do this year is master your essay writing skills. Being able to structure an english essay is possibly the most beneficial thing you can do for english now, because then you will be competant in it inyear 12. Whenever you have to write an essay for homework put effort into it, and when you get feedback from your teacher, fix up all the things that are wrong, and hand it in again. Being able to write an essay has improved my english rank from between 10-20/about 60 in year 10 to 5/about 40 in year 11 to 1/about 40 in year 12.
Thanks for the help brother , will look into it :)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
party hard, get pissed, live life.
by the time year 12 comes it will hopefully be out of your system.

sajad07

HSC
im so far up my teachers asses i can see their hearts. Didnt think id hav to be worrying about teachers bias and favouring

BackCountrySnow

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
party hard, get pissed, live life.
by the time year 12 comes it will hopefully be out of your system.
nope. Coz everyone will have 18ths and theyre the maddest parties yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)