• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are you giving up? (1 Viewer)

Ryazand

Meatlover
HSC
Uni Grad
^ Title says all. What are you sacrificing in order to fully concentrate on the HSC?

I'll start off. Being an avid gamer, I'm giving up video games. I've promised not to launch another game until final HSC exams are over. Except maybe on Christmas.
(I want to play Skyrim dammit)

Gigacube

HSC
Probably BOS.

I can't think of anything that really distracts me from studying. I just tend to procrastinate. A lot.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
inb4 fapping (please no one say this.)

Nothing really. I've realised that i waste most of my time procrastinating/talking on msn. This is all i need to change.

^ Title says all. What are you sacrificing in order to fully concentrate on the HSC?

I'll start off. Being an avid gamer, I'm giving up video games. I've promised not to launch another game until final HSC exams are over. Except maybe on Christmas.
(I want to play Skyrim dammit)
Lol mate i just bought a Ps3 (looks like i've fked my HSC up). Fking epic game, play it!!!! After 11/11/11, you shall never see me on bos again :p.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
My social life.

Not that there was much to begin with :p

Last edited:

Zeroes

HSC
I'll use facebook a lot less, even as a "break" from study. It wastes a lot of time and I never get any sense of fun/relaxation from it like you might with other things you could do in a break time.

Only working one shift a week now as well and not at all during exam times. More than happy to give up some work. :smile:

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Don't give up anything. OP play games on the weekends if needs be. Or alternatively at night from 9.00pm onwards.

HSC
If you're wanting to block specific sites: google: Stayfocusd.

Google add on that can control how much time you're spending on some websites. I'm planning to reduce my time on facebook (major time waster) to 30mins per day. I had it at 60 per day during prelim!

I don't know whether to take a break from piano or not..finished 7th...don't really want to pursue it anymore...any thoughts?

jnney

lemon
HSC
I gave up so much in year 11. All of my music and sports. But I learned that balance is the most important, so I'm probably going to bring some of it back. Hello piano and guitar :D

interesting

HSC
N/A
If you're wanting to block specific sites: google: Stayfocusd.

Google add on that can control how much time you're spending on some websites. I'm planning to reduce my time on facebook (major time waster) to 30mins per day. I had it at 60 per day during prelim!

I don't know whether to take a break from piano or not..finished 7th...don't really want to pursue it anymore...any thoughts?
might as well finish it and get your diploma ;P

RishBonjour

HSC
My social life

planning to become an anti-social turtle

Alkanes

HSC
Maybe going off BOS for good. Other than that i think i can keep everything organised and still do the things i love.

RishBonjour

HSC
Your avatar reminds me of a girl who models at my school.

i will give up my social life (Even though it doesn't exist)
ahha wth, how come my quote is different? " my sex life" wtf :L

how can you not know that "girl"
shes adriana lima!
victoria's secret model

i can't wait to finish my last HSC exam, that feeling fuaaaaaaaarkk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)