What are you going to do if your UAI = crap? (1 Viewer)

esieff

PLAN B: choose a random sport like rifle shooting and practise for hours on end every single day - you do, after all, have some time on your hands. After all this practise, you're either gonna get really good and make the Australian Commonwealth Games Team, or get seriously depressed at how shit you are at shooting and how hopeless you're life is, and probably take aim for one last time. And if that fails, take up an interesting musical instrument like the banjo and roam the countryside performing witty little tunes to people who will merrily throw their unwanted change at you. Well preferably in a hat or something, but as long as they're throwing something to feed your growing heroin addiction, you don't care right?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
hotice11 said:
PLAN B: choose a random sport like rifle shooting and practise for hours on end every single day - you do, after all, have some time on your hands. After all this practise, you're either gonna get really good and make the Australian Commonwealth Games Team, or get seriously depressed at how shit you are at shooting and how hopeless you're life is, and probably take aim for one last time. And if that fails, take up an interesting musical instrument like the banjo and roam the countryside performing witty little tunes to people who will merrily throw their unwanted change at you. Well preferably in a hat or something, but as long as they're throwing something to feed your growing heroin addiction, you don't care right?
Rifles and Banjos, huh?

Are you sure you're from Sydney and not... I dunno, far north west queensland?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
nwatts said:
*kisses UOW creative arts faculty*

I could essentially get a UAI of 30 and get in. Hopefully, though, my UAI won't be any lower than 82.
how are you so sure you'll get in?

i'm freakin out about it.

then again i want to do a double degree, so i guess i have to worry more about my UAI

nwatts

HSC
Tulipa said:
how are you so sure you'll get in?

i'm freakin out about it.

then again i want to do a double degree, so i guess i have to worry more about my UAI
I interview well.

And if I don't get in, i'll just cry for a year and try again.

nwatts

HSC
Tulipa said:
aiming for just the creative arts - creative writing degree?

and bastard. i write better than i speak :( can't i do it by correspondance?
I'm going for a double communications/media (journalism) / creative arts (writing) as my first preference, double arts and writing as second preference - and just plain creative writing as third.

I'll be happy with any of them. :) My natural gift is for speaking, so i'm lucky in that respect. I'm sure if you're nice and honest and show real enthusiasm they'll let you in. And i'll put in a good word. :p

Valeroso

HSC
Anything above 78, I'll be happy with as 78 = Bachelor of Arts at UNSW! (BA's aren't so bad! You can study Linguistics and all!), but I know that I'll be dissapointed (as will my family/cousins) be if I get below 80, and for that matter, even a 90. I really don't know what I'd do if my UAI would be crap. I'd have NO direction, I'd be abit ashamed - I'd ignore people or treat others more horribly in my quest to release my pain on others (works everytime), and then I'd die a bitter old man. :) (Or bitter young man depending on circumstances). Stupid education system making Univeristy entry so damn annoying.

u_smell

EAS scheme

has any one applied for that EAS scheme thing?>...... if they have... wat dus it do...... and did u get a letter sent saying ur in... or sumin......

AND

whos sitting for that oral health exam.... at syd... next week..... ><
even if i pass it.... i dun think ill get the uai 76+... i think it is... that u need...at least...

cataleptic

HSC
Without doubt I'd cry and get so dperessed.

All of next year nd all my hopes/aspirations for the next few years are pinned on that one, stupid number.

I mean sure, I could wait around for a year and then get in in another roundabout way, but I know I'd just get so depressed and lose all motivation.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
my family has one 100 TER girl... how am i supposed to live up to that ?

i have shamed my family..

time to go and cry

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
playitoff said:
has any one applied for that EAS scheme thing?>...... if they have... wat dus it do...... and did u get a letter sent saying ur in... or sumin......

AND

whos sitting for that oral health exam.... at syd... next week..... ><
even if i pass it.... i dun think ill get the uai 76+... i think it is... that u need...at least...

if you'v given in an EAS application and its accepted as you having a serious desadvantage that will considerably bring your UAI lower than it should be because of the disadvantages you've sent in, then they give you extra UAI points to make it fair for those who have serious disadvantages like if your parents died this year or something or you got diagnosed with a disease, or more simple ones like you hjave very crowded living conditions and little bro/sis which disables you from studying to the best of your ability.

cint

HSC
yeah .... erm .... i doubt ill et into uni. and in that case - i have NO idea what ill do. ill feel so guilty

Counterfeit

HSC
ive really limited my self in my options and i only want to do architecture, and thats it.

If i don't get a 93 (which is looking more and more likely with the approaching chemistry exam ...) i think i'll... i'll... i'll

fuck.

I dont know. i dont want to do anything else.

I dont want to do seomthing a hate for a year on the offchance that i can defer.

I dont want to go to a uni i dont like.

I dont want to wait till im 21 and apply as a mature age student.

So i'll... i'll... crap i think i'll go study!!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
What I'll do if my UAI is crapola:
  • If I get in the high 60s(or maybe lower if the RET and EAS pay off) - do a BA at UWS and transfer to MQ or USYD after a year.
If that fails I would then one of the following:
  • Do an LPAB(which needs no UAI) and attempt a transfer into an LLB/BA, if not - no harm done, I could just do a one year DipEdu after the LPAB and become a legal studies teacher.
  • Do a Diploma at MQ's SIBT college and get automatic entry in a second year Bachelor, pricey though so I'm not sure.
  • Do an Associate Degree or Bachelor at CIT(it canberra's tafe) and get automatic entry to the second year of an ANU bachelor after finishing an Associate Degree or transfer from one of the Bachelor to something in Sydney area - dunno if I wanna go to Canberra for it though.
  • Repeat the HSC at a local TAFE and get a higher UAI.
  • Do the Certificate in Languages that I've been accepted into at MQ already(I was gonna do it part time anyway), upgrade it into a Diploma and then a BA and go from there, or alternatively when I finish with the Diploma, do a one year DipEdu and become a certified french teacher and have the tiniest HECS debt in the world.
So this HSC thing has become a bit of a big meh now - I'll get in at some point so there's no need to get upset if I get shocking results.

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
cint said:
yeah .... erm .... i doubt ill et into uni. and in that case - i have NO idea what ill do. ill feel so guilty
as if you wont get into uni, u go to a good school anyway.

cint

HSC
but the thing is, i do go to a good school - but i am really lazy, i dont do work - i just dont. its like im the work version of a vampire and i have a strong aversion to work - like as if it was garlic and crosses
does that make sense??
probably not. im a little mad these days

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
lol, but ull get scaled up. I dont do much work either, actually i do close to no work at home :(

cint

HSC
yeah i do none at home. then when i go to the library i just get drawn to all the shops and have to leave.
in short - i cant work
i dont even know what uai i have to have for the courses ive applied for.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
lol, yeh i used to go to gordon library, but there's too many ppl now and i get distracted easily :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)