What are you suppose to talk about? (1 Viewer)

manifestation

What?!
HSC
‘Compliance with the law is necessary to achieve justice for all.’

(a) Evaluate this statement in relation to issues of compliance and non-compliance
for consumers.

This question is from the 2003 HSC paper and I don’t get what you’re suppose to talk about when talking about non-compliance and compliance…
What aspects of the consumers syllabus would you talk about??
Like what I was thinking was compliance would be the general standards and specific standards set out in legislation and how that achieves justice but I’m still not sure if that’s the right thing to talk about.
So damnation and goan_crazy waiting for you to give me a hand :p!! And anyone else who wants to be a champ and me a hand.

monique66

manifestation said:
‘Compliance with the law is necessary to achieve justice for all.’

(a) Evaluate this statement in relation to issues of compliance and non-compliance
for consumers.

This question is from the 2003 HSC paper and I don’t get what you’re suppose to talk about when talking about non-compliance and compliance…
What aspects of the consumers syllabus would you talk about??
Like what I was thinking was compliance would be the general standards and specific standards set out in legislation and how that achieves justice but I’m still not sure if that’s the right thing to talk about.
So damnation and goan_crazy waiting for you to give me a hand :p!! And anyone else who wants to be a champ and me a hand.
lol, maifestation, your great! How are your hols going? :D
well, this was part (a) right? i got this from the marking guidelines:
Of the 40% of candidates who attempted this option, 17% chose this question. The better responses demonstrated a solid knowledge and understanding of the syllabus content. Even weaker responses were able to show some body of knowledge relating to consumers. The level of analysis was a clear discriminator between candidates. Better responses were clearly able to understand the question and articulate a well-structured response. They were able to demonstrate a clear understanding of key terms such as compliance/non-compliance’ and understand the meaning of ‘evaluate’ from the Glossary of Key Words issued by the Board of Studies. Supporting evidence, such as cases and statutes, was explained and integrated into the response along with issues relating to international law and e-commerce. Weaker responses tended to rely on rote learning of content with little or no attempt to answer specifically the question asked. Once again better responses demonstrated a clear understanding of the rubric and incorporated it into their answer, fully appreciating the necessity to use it in the framing of their response. A key weakness was an inability to address the question even where candidates had a reasonable body of knowledge. Candidates need to develop skills in interpreting the question rather than simply listing cases, statutes or learned content without linking it to the question.

Hmm..don't know how useful it was but anyway..what i reckon this 'compliance' stuff has got to do with is cooperation like in our assessment. You know what compliance means right? So, just talk about how the law promotes compliance otherwise business will face sanctions then focus on the four main areas (ie contracts, finance, etc) So yeah, just ignore me if i'm wrong :eek:

monique66

lol..u in debating is hilarious! :D
umm..compliance in legal terms means like, 'abiding by the law'. Commplaince in general means- for example if i tell you to buy me $500 worth of chocolate and you do then you are technically complying with what i'm saying...does that make sense now? Sorry, souln't think of a better way to explain it and i'm hungry :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)