• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are your dropping??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Maybe some of you can help me. I need to decide which subject to drop. i currently have 13 units, but I wanna pick up Extension Eng 2. Which will give me 14 and thats too much.
So i can either drop:-
Legal Studies (which i am coming 2nd in and like)
Biology (which I am coming first in but hate.alot.)
Drama (which i am coming in the top 10 in, but I love the subject and my teacher makes it sooo fun!)
Ancient History (which I am coming in the top 10 in and love)
or General Maths (which i am coming in the top 10 in, and i really dont wanna drop because I think its better to do some form of maths)
Any help is appreciated!

Mel xx

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
From your comments on each subject above, looks like you're leaning towards dropping Bio. What aspects of it do you particularly "hate"? Since you're coming first, there must be some parts of it that you at least don't mind.

Or you could just keep all of them and decide some time later in year 12 :D

HSC
Well we have to keep all subjects for the first 7 weeks anyway. I dont like my bio teacher (because of his background his accent makes it kinda hard to understand him) and the people in my class are the more "drop kick loser/ bimbo barbie" type people in my year.
I dont mind the subject in itself, but since the circumstances surrounding all my other subjects are awesome, it makes bio particularly hard to bear.

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
CharmingNerd13 said:
Maybe some of you can help me. I need to decide which subject to drop. i currently have 13 units, but I wanna pick up Extension Eng 2. Which will give me 14 and thats too much.
So i can either drop:-
Legal Studies (which i am coming 2nd in and like)
Biology (which I am coming first in but hate.alot.)
Drama (which i am coming in the top 10 in, but I love the subject and my teacher makes it sooo fun!)
Ancient History (which I am coming in the top 10 in and love)
or General Maths (which i am coming in the top 10 in, and i really dont wanna drop because I think its better to do some form of maths)
Any help is appreciated!

Mel xx
hmm... hard choice...

sounds like you're doing pretty well in all subjects, so it can't matter TOO much... if it was me, I'd drop drama because it's a major work subject like extension 2. But if you REALLY enjoy it, then keep it...

maybe drop bio? funny that you hate it but are coming first... normally, enjoying a subject is what makes you do well, or vice versa. But if it really is the bane of your school life, you're probably better off without it.

But talk to your teachers, etc etc.

HSC
Thanx for all your help! I think ive come to the conclusion that if I dont do EE2 then I will be able to keep all my subjects and have 13 units which i should be able to deal with. Ill double check with my teachers. hopefully half the weirdo people in my bio class will drop it anyway, and it wont be as bad next term/year.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hm, you're doing pretty good in all subjects I'd say. Maybe keep them all and then see which one you don't like and then drop that one! BUT since you used "hate" for Biology, I think you'd probably be dropping that. Such a pity though, cos you're coming first, you know...

cliffary

HSC
Well I currently have 13 units - but I want to do 12 units for yr 12. So I decided to drop Legal studies and pick up 4u maths. That way, I can drop 4u maths if it gets too hard.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
cliffary said:
Well I currently have 13 units - but I want to do 12 units for yr 12. So I decided to drop Legal studies and pick up 4u maths. That way, I can drop 4u maths if it gets too hard.
same but with economics

cliffary

HSC
pretty much same faculty area subjects. No one does geography in our school xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)